* GNATS access
@ 2000-08-07  8:46 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-08-07  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I don't know how to handle this myself...

From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-08-07  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: overseers

Jeff> I don't know how to handle this myself...

I made him his Gnats account.

Tom

* GNATS access
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I don't know how to handle this myself...

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

> http://gcc.gnu.org/cvswrite.html

 ... which says

> Maintainers are also encouraged to edit the GNATS database.

So, can I have a GNATS password to do so?  There are presently about five
open C PRs in the database fixed by my past patches, and another five or
so I've identified as being non-bugs that can be closed or marked as
change-requests.

- --
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk

------- End of Forwarded Message

* Re: GNATS access
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: overseers

@ 2001-02-22 18:05             ` Craig Rodrigues
From: Craig Rodrigues @ 2001-02-22 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: law, overseers, pfeifer

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 08:52:52AM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> We're putting poor Craig through a lot of steps, which isn't the best
> way to encourage a willing volunteer.

:)

I've submitted my name and SSH key on the web page that
Jeffrey Law directed me to, but have not received any response.
Am I in or out?

I'd like to help out, and have been receiving lots of feedback
from the bugs I've tried to close.  For bugs that I cannot close
and can reproduce, how can I queue those so that a gcc developer
can take a look at them?

Thanks.
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr

* Re: GNATS access
@ 2001-02-19 16:35             ` Craig Rodrigues
From: Craig Rodrigues @ 2001-02-19 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: law, overseers, pfeifer

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 08:52:52AM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> We're putting poor Craig through a lot of steps, which isn't the best
> way to encourage a willing volunteer.

It's all right. :)

My interest is to help the GCC development team, and help them
focus on fixing bugs that affect me the most, like:
http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=1709&database=gcc

I've submitted the web form to get GNATS write access, and submitted
my SSH public key.  Did I do the right thing, or do I need to
do something more?

Thanks.
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr

* Re: GNATS access
@ 2001-02-19  9:04             ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2001-02-19  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: rodrigc, overseers, pfeifer

  In message < 20010219085252W.mitchell@codesourcery.com >you write:
  > Jeff, is it OK to change the `gnastwrite' page to point directly to
  > the account set-up page you referenced?
Sure.  Actually, any page we have which is related to setting up accounts
can point to that page.

  > If so, I would suggest that Gerald make the following change to the
  > gnatswrite page to explain that you will first need to get approval
  > from someone on the GCC steering committee.  For now, I'm happy to be
  > the designated representative.  The instructions should say something
  > like:
  >
  >        First send mail to <...> indicating that you would like to
  >        have GNATS write access.  Please explain why you would like
  >        to have write access.  If your request is approved, you should
  >        then visit:
  >
  >          http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi
  >
  > Does that sound OK to everyone?
Sounds fine to me.
jeff

* Re: GNATS access
@ 2001-02-19  8:47           ` Mark Mitchell
                               ` (2 more replies)
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2001-02-19  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: rodrigc, overseers, pfeifer

@ 2001-02-19  8:35         ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2001-02-19  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Craig Rodrigues; +Cc: overseers, pfeifer, mark

  In message < 20010218233316.A13454@mediaone.net >you write:

       [not found]     ` <20010218195852D.mitchell@codesourcery.com>
@ 2001-02-18 20:34       ` Craig Rodrigues
From: Craig Rodrigues @ 2001-02-18 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: pfeifer, mark

Hi,

As directed, I am sending this e-mail to this address.
I am offering to clear out some of the C++ related
bug reports in GNATS, with the hope that my efforts
will help the GCC developers release a high quality
GCC 3.0.

What should I do to get set up?
I've already looked at about 100 reports.
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr