* Xconq Gnats needs a push?
@ 2000-09-03 16:38 ` Stan Shebs
From: Stan Shebs @ 2000-09-03 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I tried submitting a test PR to the xconq database, and there's a
file with the right data in gnats/xconq-db/gnats-queue, but it's
just sitting there.  There was an update to Java #337 since I
submitted my test, so I know the system as a whole must be working.
Perhaps a permission is missing somewhere?

Stan

* Re: Xconq Gnats needs a push?
@ 2000-09-04 22:23   ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-09-04 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stan Shebs; +Cc: overseers

On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 04:39:27PM -0700, Stan Shebs wrote:
>I tried submitting a test PR to the xconq database, and there's a
>file with the right data in gnats/xconq-db/gnats-queue, but it's
>just sitting there.  There was an update to Java #337 since I
>submitted my test, so I know the system as a whole must be working.
>Perhaps a permission is missing somewhere?

It looks like I skipped a "Add an entry to crontab" step when I
set this up.  It should be fixed now.

cgf

* Re: Xconq Gnats needs a push?
@ 2000-09-04 22:40     ` Stan Shebs
From: Stan Shebs @ 2000-09-04 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Chris Faylor wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 04:39:27PM -0700, Stan Shebs wrote:
> >I tried submitting a test PR to the xconq database, and there's a
> >file with the right data in gnats/xconq-db/gnats-queue, but it's
> >just sitting there.  There was an update to Java #337 since I
> >submitted my test, so I know the system as a whole must be working.
> >Perhaps a permission is missing somewhere?
>
> It looks like I skipped a "Add an entry to crontab" step when I
> set this up.  It should be fixed now.

Thanks, that did the trick.  And just by coincidence, a real
PR showed up about ten minutes ago!  Even more coincidentally,
it's about difficulties building Xconq with cygwin, and you just
might want to take a look at it...  (It's xconq/2)

Stan

* Re: Xconq Gnats needs a push?
@ 2000-09-05  7:44       ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-09-05  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stan Shebs; +Cc: overseers

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 10:40:48PM -0700, Stan Shebs wrote:
>Chris Faylor wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 04:39:27PM -0700, Stan Shebs wrote:
>> >I tried submitting a test PR to the xconq database, and there's a
>> >file with the right data in gnats/xconq-db/gnats-queue, but it's
>> >just sitting there.  There was an update to Java #337 since I
>> >submitted my test, so I know the system as a whole must be working.
>> >Perhaps a permission is missing somewhere?
>>
>> It looks like I skipped a "Add an entry to crontab" step when I
>> set this up.  It should be fixed now.
>
>Thanks, that did the trick.  And just by coincidence, a real
>PR showed up about ten minutes ago!  Even more coincidentally,
>it's about difficulties building Xconq with cygwin, and you just
>might want to take a look at it...  (It's xconq/2)

I did look at it.  The person is apparently trying to build from a
version of the repository that was checked out a couple of weeks ago.
Or do you make snapshots?

In any event, this was a header file problem that was fixed by
this change to newlib:

2000-08-25  DJ Delorie  <dj@redhat.com>

        * libc/include/sys/unistd.h (environ): this one isn't from the
        DLL, no __IMPORT

cgf

* Re: Xconq Gnats needs a push?
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Chris Faylor