On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 07:44:59PM -0400, Chris Faylor wrote: > On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 12:27:46AM -0700, Jason Molenda wrote: > >We have a large engineering organization at Yahoo with a wider > >variety of cvs uses than I'd seen before. I needed some fine-grained > >way of controlling access to parts of the repository, so I wrote > >a nice little access control list script. > I haven't seen anyone reply to this, but I would say that this is > very interesting and I'd welcome a patch or even a patched CVS. I'm not sure if it'll be of any use on sourceware/gcc or inside Cygnus, but I'll attach the script and an example config files (the (path)names have all been changed to protect the guilty). You drop a call to it in your CVSROOT/commitinfo file like this: ALL $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/cvs-acl.pl It will be run in addition to other directory-specific entries you might have in there (e.g. commit-prep). It will look for the cvs-acl.conf file in $CVSROOT/CVSROOT unless you tell it to look elsewhere via a command line option. If there's enough interest, I could write some real documentation (in the form of the much-beloved README file) and put a tar file somewhere, but I kind of suspect there isn't. ;-) Jason Free the Software! PS- Yes, I know my perl is not so great. PPS- Despite being a pretty newish script, I've tested it quite a lot. I'd be surprised if you found any problems while trying to use it.