From: Jason Molenda <jason@molenda.com>
To: overseers@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: suggested change to sources.redhat.com page
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 06:08:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hey overseers,

I don't know who Mark is.  Could he be in marketing maybe?  :-)

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 09:42:16AM -0800, Mark Sobell wrote:

> I ran across the following paragraph and thought
> it inappropriate for the Red Hat site.

My two cents:  Of course it's inappropriate, that's why I wrote
it.  Y'all can decide if you want to change it (I'm not going to
mind one way or the other), but it isn't accidental - I really hate
corporate cover-your-ass written-in-legalese privacy statements,
when it all comes down to "We're keeping standard apache log files,
we don't give it to anyone else".  That's all a developer wants to
know - am I going to get mail from Amway if I sign up for this
ecos-discuss list, or am I going to have my hostname broadcast to
the world for reading alt.cygwin.sex.poll.poll.poll.

It annoys me almost as much as web pages that have copyright
statements at the bottom.  Of course it's copyrighted!  And who'd
rip off a web page, anyway?

People all need to chill.

Jason

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID
From: Jason Molenda <jason@molenda.com>
To: overseers@sources.redhat.com
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 10:37:00 -0000	[thread overview]