* Permission denied to Gnats CVS
@ 2001-01-23 13:02                     ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-01-23 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi!

I got access to the GNATS CVS modules last week. However, some time during
last weekend, I lost access again:

$> export CVS_RSH=ssh
$> cvs -z9 -d :ext:yngves@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/gnats co htdocs
Permission denied.
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

As far as I can see, nothing changed on my end of things. However, the
account was originally created with the user name "svendsen", and later
changed to "yngves", This might have something to do with the problems.

Could someone please check this out?

Thanks,

Yngve Svendsen
IS Engineer
Clustra AS, Trondheim, Norway
yngve.svendsen@clustra.com
Cell.: +47 913 915 02

* Re: Permission denied to Gnats CVS
@ 2001-01-23 13:15                       ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-01-23 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: overseers

You have to use whatever access method you originally used when
you signed up for sources.redhat.com.  That means that you have
to use the right username and ssh key when you contact sources.redhat.com.
From the looks of your error below, this is not the case.

cgf

--
cgf@cygnus.com                        Red Hat, Inc.
http://sources.redhat.com/            http://www.redhat.com/

* Re: Permission denied to Gnats CVS
@ 2001-01-23 13:24                       ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-01-23 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: overseers

Yngve> Could someone please check this out?

Fixed.  Sorry about that.  I also added a gnats account for you.  I'll
send you your password soon.

Tom

* Re: Permission denied to Gnats CVS
@ 2001-01-23 13:27                         ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-01-23 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: overseers

At 22:49 23.01.2001, Tom Tromey wrote:
>Yngve> Could someone please check this out?
>
>Fixed.  Sorry about that.  I also added a gnats account for you.  I'll
>send you your password soon.
>
>Tom

Thanks!

- Yngve

* Uploads to ftp.sources.redhat.com
@ 2001-04-30 17:09                   ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-04-30 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Gerald Pfeifer

Hi!

A new release of the Gnatsweb interface to GNATS is getting closer. I'd
like to distribute it from the same location as all the other Gnatsweb
releases, i.e. from ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gnats/contrib/ .

What is the procedure for having this uploaded to the FTP server?

Thanks,

Yngve Svendsen
IS Engineer
Clustra AS, Trondheim, Norway
yngve.svendsen@clustra.com

* Re: Uploads to ftp.sources.redhat.com
@ 2001-05-01 18:21                     ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-05-01 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: overseers, Gerald Pfeifer

Yngve> A new release of the Gnatsweb interface to GNATS is getting
Yngve> closer. I'd like to distribute it from the same location as all
Yngve> the other Gnatsweb releases, i.e. from
Yngve> ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gnats/contrib/ .

Yngve> What is the procedure for having this uploaded to the FTP server?

Get the primary gnats maintainer to `scp' it to the right directory on
sources.  If you are the primary maintainer, tell me and I will change
your account so you can log in directly.  Or if you are the ongoing
gnatsweb maintainer and will do future uploads as well, I'll make the
change in that case too.  In general we try to limit direct login
access to sources.  However we don't deny it to those with a
legitimate need...

Tom

* Re: Uploads to ftp.sources.redhat.com
@ 2001-05-02  5:20                       ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-05-02  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: overseers, Gerald Pfeifer

At 19:33 01.05.2001 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
>Get the primary gnats maintainer to `scp' it to the right directory on
>sources.  If you are the primary maintainer, tell me and I will change
>your account so you can log in directly.  Or if you are the ongoing
>gnatsweb maintainer and will do future uploads as well, I'll make the
>change in that case too.  In general we try to limit direct login
>access to sources.  However we don't deny it to those with a
>legitimate need...

Thanks, I suppose Gerald should be the one to handle this.

By the way, is there any way, except by shell login, to have a look at the
FTP and web logs for the gnats part of the site? It would be very
interesting (and hopefully not depressing) to see how many downloads we get
of the new Gnatsweb.

- Yngve

* List moderation
@ 2001-05-03 13:37                   ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2001-05-03 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I would like to change moderation of sourcenav-announce to irox@redhat.com.
How do I do that?

Syd Polk		spolk@redhat.com
Engineering Manager	+1 408 543 9430
Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: List moderation
@ 2001-05-03 14:51                     ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-05-03 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Syd Polk; +Cc: overseers

Syd> I would like to change moderation of sourcenav-announce to
Syd> irox@redhat.com.  How do I do that?

I added irox@redhat.com as a moderator.  Do you also want me to remove
you as a moderator?  ezmlm lists don't need a single moderator; any
number of people can share the work.

Tom

* Re: List moderation
@ 2001-05-03 14:53                       ` Syd Polk
From: Syd Polk @ 2001-05-03 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: overseers

At 04:03 PM 5/3/01 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
>Syd> I would like to change moderation of sourcenav-announce to
>Syd> irox@redhat.com.  How do I do that?
>
>I added irox@redhat.com as a moderator.  Do you also want me to remove
>you as a moderator?  ezmlm lists don't need a single moderator; any
>number of people can share the work.
>
>Tom

Change my address to spolk@baritoneconsulting.com. I am leaving Red Hat, so
my cygnus/redhat addresses won't work any more.

@ 2001-05-03 15:02                         ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-05-03 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Syd Polk; +Cc: overseers

Syd> Change my address to spolk@baritoneconsulting.com.

Done.

Tom

* Re: List moderation
@ 2001-05-04 11:26                       ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-05-04 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Syd> I would like to change moderation of sourcenav-announce to
> Syd> irox@redhat.com.  How do I do that?
>
> I added irox@redhat.com as a moderator.  Do you also want me to remove
> you as a moderator?  ezmlm lists don't need a single moderator; any
> number of people can share the work.

Any chance I could be added as a list maintainer for ecos-announce and
ecos-discuss? I've mentioned it before, but thought I'd remind :-).

Jifl

* Re: List moderation
@ 2001-05-04 12:00                         ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-05-04 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: overseers

Jifl> Any chance I could be added as a list maintainer for
Jifl> ecos-announce and ecos-discuss? I've mentioned it before, but
Jifl> thought I'd remind :-).

Done.  Sorry about missing it the first time.  I haven't been reading
this list lately :-(

Tom

* Re: Uploads to ftp.sources.redhat.com
@ 2001-05-04 12:04                         ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-05-04 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: overseers, Gerald Pfeifer

Yngve> By the way, is there any way, except by shell login, to have a
Yngve> look at the FTP and web logs for the gnats part of the site? It
Yngve> would be very interesting (and hopefully not depressing) to see
Yngve> how many downloads we get of the new Gnatsweb.

There isn't really a way.

I get a weekly automated posting showing bytes sent per project and
the like.  I don't remember if that message is sent to this list or
just to a few people personally.  If the former you could look here.

Tom

* Re: Uploads to ftp.sources.redhat.com
@ 2001-05-04 12:53                           ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2001-05-04 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: Yngve Svendsen, overseers, Gerald Pfeifer

Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> writes:

> I get a weekly automated posting showing bytes sent per project and
> the like.  I don't remember if that message is sent to this list or
> just to a few people personally.  If the former you could look here.

I think those messages appear under
    http://sources.redhat.com/sourceware/bandwidth/

Ian

* Re: Uploads to ftp.sources.redhat.com
@ 2001-05-04 13:45                             ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-05-04 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor, tromey; +Cc: overseers, Gerald Pfeifer

At 12:53 04.05.2001 -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > I get a weekly automated posting showing bytes sent per project and
> > the like.  I don't remember if that message is sent to this list or
> > just to a few people personally.  If the former you could look here.
>
>I think those messages appear under
>     http://sources.redhat.com/sourceware/bandwidth/

That's what I was looking for. And since I now have shell access, a little
bit of grepping in the log files themselves should satisfy my curiosity
completely.

Thanks!

- Yngve

* Upgrade Gnatsweb on sources
@ 2001-05-08 11:56                   ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-05-08 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I'd like to ask for Gnatsweb on sources.redhat.com to be upgraded to 2.8.0.
Having gotten used to the usability enhancements in 2.7 beta and now 2.8.0,
the current 2.6 interface feels a bit clunky.

What do you think?

Yngve Svendsen
IS Engineer
Clustra AS, Trondheim, Norway
yngve.svendsen@clustra.com

* Re: Upgrade Gnatsweb on sources
@ 2001-05-08 19:07                     ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-05-08 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: overseers

Yngve> I'd like to ask for Gnatsweb on sources.redhat.com to be
Yngve> upgraded to 2.8.0.  Having gotten used to the usability
Yngve> enhancements in 2.7 beta and now 2.8.0, the current 2.6
Yngve> interface feels a bit clunky.

Yngve> What do you think?

What changes will we notice?  Also, will it work with the current
gnatsd?  I don't think we're ready to upgrade that.  Anyway, I'm for
it.  I can do it whenever you say it is safe, upgrade-wise.

Tom

* Re: Upgrade Gnatsweb on sources
@ 2001-05-09  2:57                       ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-05-09  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: overseers

At 20:20 08.05.2001 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
>What changes will we notice?  Also, will it work with the current
>gnatsd?  I don't think we're ready to upgrade that.  Anyway, I'm for
>it.  I can do it whenever you say it is safe, upgrade-wise.

Yes, 2.8.0 is meant as a sort of wrapup release for the Gnatswebs
supporting gnatsd 3.x.

There aren't any major new features over Gnatsweb 2.6, but some usability
features such as URL marking and automatic redirects have been added. A
proper help text has been added, external stylesheets are supported, and
some problems introduced in 2.7 beta were corrected. I have also tightened
the locking routines a bit, so there should now be little chance of
Gnatsweb leaving PRs locked after edits.

I am enclosing the NEWS file from 2.8.0 below. Unfortunately, there was no
NEWS file in 2.7 beta, so the changes from 2.6 are somewhat more extensive
than what's outlined below. All in all, I am quite certain that there won't
be any negative consequences from upgrading.

By the way, a new Gnats release will be announced tonight, bearing the
version number 3.113.1. This release fixes the three most serious bugs
encountered in 3.113. It is a bug-fix release only, but I'd recommend that
you upgrade it also. It should be an easy drop-in replacement for 3.113.

Let me know what you think.

- Yngve

Current Version: 2.8.0
See the file ChangeLog for the details of all changes.

Changes from 2.7 beta to 2.8.0
* Both the Gnats and Gnatsweb version numbers are now displayed in the
   main page footer.
* If a user pressed the 'Stop' button of the browser right after
   pressing 'Submit' on the Edit PR page, the PR would not be properly
   unlocked. This has been fixed in a hopefully watertight way.
* If edits were submitted to a locked PR, Gnatsweb would not catch the
   error, and instead display a confusing error message saying that the
   PR had been modified since you started editing it. Gnatsweb now
   properly warns of a locked PR and stops the submission.
* Documentation updates to avert problems when people install Gnatsweb
   on top of a multiple-database Gnats.
* The page banner is now a little smaller, and the text "gnatsweb" is
   now displayed in a smaller typeface.
* On the Advanced Query Page, we now display a line below 'Closed
   After' and 'Closed Before' reminding users to uncheck 'Ignore
   Closed'.
* A bug where users would be able to create new PRs with PR numbers
   composed both out of letters and numbers has been corrected.
* When a non-existing PR number was typed into the 'view' or 'edit'
   textboxes on the front page, no error message would be given, and
   the user would be presented with a blank PR. Checks have been added
   to prevent this.
* Internet Explorer users are now being properly redirected to the
   Gnatsweb main page after submitting an edit.
* Internet Explorer would try to give downloaded attachments the same
   name as the gnatsweb script file itself. This has been fixed.
* Editing PRs with attachments caused Gnatsweb 2.7 beta to crash. This
   has been fixed.
* URLs in PR text are now being automatically converted to clickable
   links when PRs are displayed.
* Fixed a bug where HTML tags in PR fields weren't being properly
   escaped before being displayed in the query results.
* It is now possible to link an external stylesheet to all Gnatsweb
   pages. The Gnatsweb-generated HTML has been thoroughly cleaned up in
   order to support stylesheets better.

* gnats-announce mailing list
@ 2001-05-09  2:59                   ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-05-09  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi!

It seems that messages to the gnats-announce mailing list don't get
through, and there is no bounce. Is this mailing list moderated?

@ 2001-05-09  3:15                       ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-05-09  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: Tom Tromey, overseers

On 8 May 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:
> What changes will we notice?  Also, will it work with the current
> gnatsd?  I don't think we're ready to upgrade that.  Anyway, I'm for
> it.  I can do it whenever you say it is safe, upgrade-wise.

The upgrade might be especially important as sources.redhat.com and
gcc.gnu.org seem to suffer the problem that resulted from updating
on of the perl modules (where you provided a fix for the problem
recently).

Apart from that, I think it's a good idea to start ``from scratch''
on sources.redhat.com, and after a few weeks I'd also migrate that
version to gcc.gnu.org (and add those changes I have specially marked
there locally).

On the other hand, I am very sure that we made a couple of changes to
the installations on sources.redhat.com and gcc.gnu.org which did *not*
make it into 2.8.0; specifically, I believe nearly all of those changes
that I applied to the head of the gnatsweb tree are missing (most of
which should apply to the old version as well, as I had originally
developed and tested them on gcc.gnu.org).

Gerald

* Re: Upgrade Gnatsweb on sources
@ 2001-05-09  3:28                         ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-05-09  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: Tom Tromey, overseers

At 12:14 09.05.2001 +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>The upgrade might be especially important as sources.redhat.com and
>gcc.gnu.org seem to suffer the problem that resulted from updating
>on of the perl modules (where you provided a fix for the problem
>recently).
>
>Apart from that, I think it's a good idea to start ``from scratch''
>on sources.redhat.com, and after a few weeks I'd also migrate that
>version to gcc.gnu.org (and add those changes I have specially marked
>there locally).
>
>On the other hand, I am very sure that we made a couple of changes to
>the installations on sources.redhat.com and gcc.gnu.org which did *not*
>make it into 2.8.0; specifically, I believe nearly all of those changes
>that I applied to the head of the gnatsweb tree are missing (most of
>which should apply to the old version as well, as I had originally
>developed and tested them on gcc.gnu.org).

All the applicable changes recorded in the ChangeLog of HEAD have been
ported to 2.8.0. However, there is obviously a gap in the ChangeLog between
November 1999 and December 2000. Are you referring to changes made in that
period?

If you see anything that could be usefully included in Gnatsweb 2.x, tell
me, as I have plans to make a 2.8.1 release fairly shortly since I think we
need to incorporate the fix for CGI.pm in a released version.

- Yngve

* Re: gnats-announce mailing list
@ 2001-05-09  9:41                     ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-05-09  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: overseers

Yngve> It seems that messages to the gnats-announce mailing list don't
Yngve> get through, and there is no bounce. Is this mailing list
Yngve> moderated?

Yes.

The moderators are:

pst@juniper.net
bmanson@juniper.net

Tom

* Re: gnats-announce mailing list
@ 2001-05-09  9:46                       ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-05-09  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: overseers, pdm

At 10:55 09.05.2001 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:

>Yngve> It seems that messages to the gnats-announce mailing list don't
>Yngve> get through, and there is no bounce. Is this mailing list
>Yngve> moderated?
>
>Yes.
>
>The moderators are:
>
>pst@juniper.net
>bmanson@juniper.net

Aha. I don't think any of these are involved with Gnats any longer. I would
suggest that Milan Zamazal, pdm@zamazal.org (primary maintainer of Gnats)
and myself (primary maintainer of Gnatsweb) were set as moderators. I am
CCing Milan on this.

@ 2001-05-09 12:01                         ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-05-09 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: overseers, pdm

Yngve> Aha. I don't think any of these are involved with Gnats any
Yngve> longer. I would suggest that Milan Zamazal, pdm@zamazal.org
Yngve> (primary maintainer of Gnats) and myself (primary maintainer of
Yngve> Gnatsweb) were set as moderators. I am CCing Milan on this.

I agree, and I made this change.
However I didn't unlist the previous two moderators.

Tom

* Re: Upgrade Gnatsweb on sources
@ 2001-05-09 23:25                           ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-05-09 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: Tom Tromey, overseers

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Yngve Svendsen wrote:
> All the applicable changes recorded in the ChangeLog of HEAD have been
> ported to 2.8.0. However, there is obviously a gap in the ChangeLog between
> November 1999 and December 2000. Are you referring to changes made in that
> period?

No, I apparently have missed my changes being integrated. Great!

> If you see anything that could be usefully included in Gnatsweb 2.x,
> tell me, as I have plans to make a 2.8.1 release fairly shortly since
> I think we need to incorporate the fix for CGI.pm in a released
> version.

Definitely, yes.

Tom, in that case I strongly suggest updating gnatsweb to 2.8.1 on sources
ASAP; can you do this, perhaps together with Yngve?

Gerald

* Re: Upgrade Gnatsweb on sources
@ 2001-05-15  4:55                             ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-05-15  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: overseers, Gerald Pfeifer

At 08:25 10.05.2001 +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>Tom, in that case I strongly suggest updating gnatsweb to 2.8.1 on sources
>ASAP; can you do this, perhaps together with Yngve?

I can do the update, but I guess I'll need write access to certain places
on sources.redhat.com?

- Yngve

* Re: Upgrade Gnatsweb on sources
@ 2001-05-16  9:25                               ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-05-16  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: overseers, Gerald Pfeifer

>> Tom, in that case I strongly suggest updating gnatsweb to 2.8.1 on sources
>> ASAP; can you do this, perhaps together with Yngve?

Yngve> I can do the update, but I guess I'll need write access to
Yngve> certain places on sources.redhat.com?

It is actually on my to-do list for today.

Tom

* Javascript required to use sources?
@ 2001-07-19  1:03                     ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-07-19  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Greetings o omnipotent ones.

It seems that folks are still required to have Javascript
enabled in order to look at and modify bug reports
in the gnatsweb interface on sources.

When I brought this problem up before I seem to
remember that it could not be fixed because of
a gcc 3.0 freeze or something. Now that gcc 3.0
is out the door, could someone take a look at
this? It is really quite a pain to require
Javascript.

thanks much
Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* Re: Javascript required to use sources?
@ 2001-07-19 16:26                       ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-07-19 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong; +Cc: overseers, yngves

Mo> It seems that folks are still required to have Javascript
Mo> enabled in order to look at and modify bug reports
Mo> in the gnatsweb interface on sources.
Mo> [ ... ]
Mo> It is really quite a pain to require
Mo> Javascript.

I don't really know about this issue.  I mean, I looked briefly at
gnatsweb.pl right now, and it does seem to require Javascript.  And
that does seem weird to me -- but then, I don't know the reasoning
behind the decision.

I've CCd Yngve (the gnatsweb maintainer) in hopes that he can clarify
the situation.

Tom

* Re: Javascript required to use sources?
@ 2001-07-20  2:04                         ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-07-20  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey, Mo DeJong; +Cc: overseers

At 17:51 19.07.2001 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
>I don't really know about this issue.  I mean, I looked briefly at
>gnatsweb.pl right now, and it does seem to require Javascript.  And
>that does seem weird to me -- but then, I don't know the reasoning
>behind the decision.
>
>I've CCd Yngve (the gnatsweb maintainer) in hopes that he can clarify
>the situation.

Gnatsweb 2.8.1 and 2.8.2 no longer require JavaScript. For some reason, it
was decided to use JavaScript on the login screen of 2.7 beta, and it took
some time before I became aware of that.

- Yngve

* Re: Javascript required to use sources?
@ 2001-07-20  8:15                           ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-07-20  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: Mo DeJong, overseers

Yngve> Gnatsweb 2.8.1 and 2.8.2 no longer require JavaScript.

We currently are running 2.8.0 (with some minor local patches).  Would
it be hard to upgrade to 2.8.1?

Tom

* Re: Javascript required to use sources?
@ 2001-07-20  9:23                             ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-07-20  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: Yngve Svendsen, Mo DeJong, overseers

On 20 Jul 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:
>> Gnatsweb 2.8.1 and 2.8.2 no longer require JavaScript.
> We currently are running 2.8.0 (with some minor local patches).  Would
> it be hard to upgrade to 2.8.1?

No, it's very easy.  (I already did it for the gcc.gnu.org side.)

Gerald

* Re: Javascript required to use sources?
@ 2001-07-20 10:00                               ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-07-20 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: Yngve Svendsen, Mo DeJong, overseers

Gerald> No, it's very easy.  (I already did it for the gcc.gnu.org
Gerald> side.)

Thanks.

I've imported Gnatsweb 2.8.2 for sources.  I preserved the local
changes.

Since commits to cgi-bin are live, I've come up with a procedure for
updating gnatsweb.  First I rename it to `test-gnatseb.pl'.  Then I
`cvs import' it into cgi-bin.  This lets me easily merge in our local
changes.  I commit this and test out test-gnatsweb.pl (usually I run a
couple automake queries).  Really a simple smoke test is sufficient.
If it works ok I copy it to gnatsweb.pl and commit.

Tom

* Re: Permission denied to Gnats CVS
@ 2001-12-31 19:40                     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-12-31 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yngve Svendsen; +Cc: overseers

You have to use whatever access method you originally used when
you signed up for sources.redhat.com.  That means that you have
to use the right username and ssh key when you contact sources.redhat.com.
From the looks of your error below, this is not the case.

--

@ 2001-12-31 19:40                       ` Yngve Svendsen
From: Yngve Svendsen @ 2001-12-31 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: overseers

At 22:49 23.01.2001, Tom Tromey wrote:
>Yngve> Could someone please check this out?
>
>Fixed.  Sorry about that.  I also added a gnats account for you.  I'll
>send you your password soon.
>
>Tom

Thanks!

- Yngve