* [coneill@oneill.net: New US mirror site]
@ 2001-02-01 16:02 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-02-01 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

----- Forwarded message from Clayton O'Neill <coneill@oneill.net> -----

From: "Clayton O'Neill" <coneill@oneill.net>
To: <sourcemaster@sources.redhat.com>
cc: <bandregg@redhat.com>
Subject: New US mirror site
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 16:14:15 -0500 (EST)

I've set up a new mirror of ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub .  It's available
at:

ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/pub/sourceware/
http://mirrors.rcn.net/pub/sourceware/

The machine in question has no load issues and is connected to the net via
multiple OC3s, so I don't expect we'll have any network issues either.  If
like to list us as US mirror, we'd be happy to help spread the load a bit.

One question I did have, the 30 user limit makes it extremely difficult to
keep the mirror up to date, do you have a account set up for mirror sites
to use that is in a different limit pool?

----- End forwarded message -----

* Re: [coneill@oneill.net: New US mirror site]
@ 2001-02-02 17:45   ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-02-02 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: overseers

> One question I did have, the 30 user limit makes it extremely
> difficult to keep the mirror up to date, do you have a account
> set up for mirror sites to use that is in a different limit
> pool?

Is this possible?  If so we should definitely set it up.

Tom

* Re: [coneill@oneill.net: New US mirror site]
@ 2001-02-02 17:52     ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2001-02-02 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: Christopher Faylor, overseers

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 06:52:25PM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> > One question I did have, the 30 user limit makes it extremely
> > difficult to keep the mirror up to date, do you have a account
> > set up for mirror sites to use that is in a different limit
> > pool?
>
> Is this possible?  If so we should definitely set it up.

Yeah, there is a separate class for mirror sites.  cf
/sourceware/ftp/etc/ftpaccess (IIRC).  It's under RCS control.
Sites have to be added by hand.  It's one of those things that we
should have put a web interface in front of, kept the data in some
kind of database, and generated the file.

Mirror sites could also use rsync (which is not limited).

* Re: [coneill@oneill.net: New US mirror site]
@ 2001-02-02 21:42       ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-02-02 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: Tom Tromey, overseers

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 05:52:03PM -0800, Jason Molenda wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 06:52:25PM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
>> > One question I did have, the 30 user limit makes it extremely
>> > difficult to keep the mirror up to date, do you have a account
>> > set up for mirror sites to use that is in a different limit
>> > pool?
>>
>> Is this possible?  If so we should definitely set it up.
>

>Yeah, there is a separate class for mirror sites.  cf
>/sourceware/ftp/etc/ftpaccess (IIRC).  It's under RCS control.
>Sites have to be added by hand.  It's one of those things that we
>should have put a web interface in front of, kept the data in some
>kind of database, and generated the file.
>
>Mirror sites could also use rsync (which is not limited).

I've added this site to ftpaccess and notified the site that they
could use rsync.

Thanks,
cgf

* Re: [coneill@oneill.net: New US mirror site]