* Re: mail gateway
@ 2001-12-31 19:40 Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2001-12-31 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 09:59:26AM -0700, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

> What script?  How is it run?  Is it just a subscriber to the lists?  Or
> is it run via some other mechanism?

The mail -> news side is handled by the standard .qmail files in
~listarch; in addition to the www-archives.sh and ftp-archives.sh,
the gateway script is called for certain lists.

The news -> mail side (as DJ already said) is done by a crontab
which checks the news server for new messages periodically.  Any
new notes are checked to see if they are mail->news-gatewayed articles,
and if not (i.e. if someone posted a new article), it forwards the
note to the mailing list.

There is a config file in the /sourceware/news-gateway directory
that specifies the newsgroup-mailing list mappings.

* mail gateway
@ 2001-12-31 19:40 DJ Delorie
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: DJ Delorie @ 2001-12-31 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

FYI things I've been posting to news.cygnus.com aren't making it to
the sources mailing lists.  I created a ticket with the Red Hat
helpdesk, but I recall that the script runs on sources.  It stopped
working around the beginning of the month.  Could someone check on it?

Thanks!
DJ