* two gccadmin requests
@ 2001-03-16 16:09 Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2001-03-16 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

jsm kindly reminded me that the v3 web docs and the 2.95.2 html manual
were being generated from scripts in my sourceware account, and prodded
my lazy butt into moving them into gccadmin / maintainer-scripts.

Could someone either add my ssh key to gccadmin's account, or contact me
privately with an email volunteering to do a chunkload of file copying?  :-)

Also, some advice requested:

    1)  Rather than trying to merge update_web_docs and my script for
    libstdc++-v3, I'd rather just add my script to that directory, and
    have the main one call it.  There are some major differences in how
    the docs are handled; the two scripts don't have much in common to
    suggest merging (at least not right now).

    2)  The manual for 2.95.x doesn't change ever, much less on a nightly
    basis.  Rather than regenerating the HTML once a month (for the cleanout
    on the 15th), can I just keep a .tar.bz2 of the manual in ~gccadmin,
    and unzip it after the cleanout?

Phil

* Re: two gccadmin requests
@ 2001-03-16 16:55 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-03-16 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Edwards; +Cc: overseers

One of the reasons that we set up gccadmin was so that GCC administrators
could handle this kind of thing themselves.

AFAICT, there is no need to get overseers involved with this request, is
there?  While jsm is reminding you of this, he could also be able to set
you up with gccadmin privileges by adding your key to
.ssh/authorized_keys.

cgf

@ 2001-03-16 17:00   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-03-16 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Edwards, overseers

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 07:55:28PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>One of the reasons that we set up gccadmin was so that GCC administrators
>could handle this kind of thing themselves.
>
>AFAICT, there is no need to get overseers involved with this request, is
>there?  While jsm is reminding you of this, he could also be able to set
>you up with gccadmin privileges by adding your key to
>.ssh/authorized_keys.

Lest I seem unnecessarily obstructionist, I've added your key to the
authorized_keys file, Phil.

However, it would be nice if the gccadmin'ers talked amongst themselves
a little and maybe came up with a plan for how this kind of thing should
be handled in the future.

I've volunteered to set up a gccadmin mailing list for this.  Or, everyone
could subscribe to overseers and you could prepend messages with [GCCADMIN]
tags in the subject.

cgf