* Re: I may twiddle with mhonarc this weekend
       [not found] <20011109092435.A14309@shell17.ba.best.com>
@ 2001-10-01  9:33 ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2001-10-01  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Done.

The system is now running mhonarc 2.5.0.

I did not get it to put HTML messages in separate files.  The new
version does defang HTML a bit better than before, and I configured
it to strip out <FONT> tags so people can't annoy me as effectively
with their ugly HTML.

It will now put text/plain attachments in separate files.  If someone
includes a patch in the text of their message, that'll still be
inlined in the main HTML page, of course, but if they attach the patch
it'll be handled correctly.

I've been watching the system closely since I upgraded it and I haven't
seen any problems.

Jason

PS-  For my next trick, while falling asleep last night I thought
of how to do something neat.  I'll leave it as a surprise for now.

* Re: I may twiddle with mhonarc this weekend
@ 2001-10-01  9:36   ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2001-10-01  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: overseers

> Done.
>
> The system is now running mhonarc 2.5.0.
>
> I did not get it to put HTML messages in separate files.  The new
> version does defang HTML a bit better than before, and I configured
> it to strip out <FONT> tags so people can't annoy me as effectively
> with their ugly HTML.
>
> It will now put text/plain attachments in separate files.  If someone
> includes a patch in the text of their message, that'll still be
> inlined in the main HTML page, of course, but if they attach the patch
> it'll be handled correctly.

It wouldn't be possible to do both?  Display the attachment inline but
have it available as a link.  Half the time you're looking through the
archives to just see what a patch did, the other half you want to
extract the patch :-(

I guess it is a loose, loose situtation.

Andrew

* Re: I may twiddle with mhonarc this weekend
@ 2001-10-01  9:47     ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2001-10-01  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: overseers

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 01:00:59PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> > It will now put text/plain attachments in separate files.  If someone
> > includes a patch in the text of their message, that'll still be
> > inlined in the main HTML page, of course, but if they attach the patch
> > it'll be handled correctly.
>
> It wouldn't be possible to do both?  Display the attachment inline but
> have it available as a link.

(no)

> Half the time you're looking through the
> archives to just see what a patch did, the other half you want to
> extract the patch :-(

Maybe I didn't describe this well.  You can see an example here:
	http://sources.redhat.com/ml/test-list/2001/msg00028.html

If you're browsing the archives, you can see the patch by clicking on
the attachment.  So there's an extra click involved, but I don't think
this is much of an inconvenience..

Jason