* cvs bytestats
@ 2003-01-11 22:02 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-01-11 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Do we *really* need to track all of the I/O activity for CVS?
/var/log/syslog has thousands of messages like this:

sourceware cvs: error setting KEEPALIVE: Socket operation on non-socket

which is due to the fact that anoncvs is being run in a pipe so that we
can track the amount of I/O performed by cvs.

I turned this off once before but I think Ian and Jason thought the data
was useful.  Is this the kind of data that is useful when there is a
problem?  Because I doubt that anyone is looking at this now.

I noticed this while setting up cvs on the new system so I thought I'd
revisit the decision.

cgf