@ 2003-01-13 15:09 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-01-13 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I don't know why xsl-list is being archived or who is responsible for this...

cgf

----- Forwarded message from Mike Brown <mike@skew.org> -----

From: "Mike Brown" <mike@skew.org>
To: <sourcemaster@sources.redhat.com>
Cc: <xsl-list-owner@lists.mulberrytech.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 01:06:49 -0700

Hello,

Your unofficial archive of the xsl-list mailing list at
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/xsl-list/ stopped picking up messages from the
list in early October. You'll probably have to contact
xsl-list-owner@lists.mulberrytech.com (cc'd on this email) to get the mbox
files for October to the present.

I noticed the unofficial archive over at
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Browse/Threaded/XSL-List hasn't been
picking up any messages since Dec 21. I reported it to them a while ago but
they still haven't done anything about it.

I wonder if the archiver addresses are getting unceremoniously unsubbed
somehow? Perhaps you and the list owner can figure out what happened.

Mike

--
  Mike J. Brown   |  http://skew.org/~mike/resume/
  Denver, CO, USA |  http://skew.org/xml/

----- End forwarded message -----

From: Jason Molenda @ 2003-01-13 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 10:10:00AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I don't know why xsl-list is being archived or who is responsible for this...

Probably archived for 'docbook-tools'.  It was originally dssslist
and DSSSL used to matter for formatting docbook documents.  It
eventually spawned the xsl-list when XSL came about, and I probably
archived that one as well.

I don't feel an irrestible push to continue to archive it at this point;
they used to have broken archives so it was a useful thing to do.  It
looks like the Mulberry people have a reasonable archive running over
at
	http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/#browse

I'd be disinclined to remove the existing archive because of
inevitable URLs pointing into the middle of it.

@ 2003-01-13 16:58 ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2003-01-13 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 10:10:00AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I don't know why xsl-list is being archived or who is responsible for this...

BTW this was one of the lists using a @sourceware.cygnus.com addr, which
is why archiving stopped a few months ago.

@ 2003-01-13 17:07   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-01-13 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: overseers

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 08:43:14AM -0800, Jason Molenda wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 10:10:00AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> I don't know why xsl-list is being archived or who is responsible for this...
>
>Probably archived for 'docbook-tools'.  It was originally dssslist
>and DSSSL used to matter for formatting docbook documents.  It
>eventually spawned the xsl-list when XSL came about, and I probably
>archived that one as well.
>
>I don't feel an irrestible push to continue to archive it at this point;
>they used to have broken archives so it was a useful thing to do.  It
>looks like the Mulberry people have a reasonable archive running over
>at
>	http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/#browse
>
>I'd be disinclined to remove the existing archive because of
>inevitable URLs pointing into the middle of it.

Ok.  So, I think this is just something we don't have to worry about.

Thanks,
cgf