* [earnie_boyd@yahoo.com: The links provided in the CVS mail give a malformed query]
@ 2003-02-08 16:55 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-02-08 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: tromey

[cc'ing Tom since I think this comes from his script]
Apparently this is because of the r1=NONE.  Is there any way to
correct this?

cgf

----- Forwarded message from Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com> -----

From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
To: cgf@redhat.com
Subject: The links provided in the CVS mail give a malformed query
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 11:45:10 -0500

Error
Error: Malformed query "cvsroot=cygwin-apps&r1=NONE&r2=1.1"
http://sources.redhat.com/

I was trying to look at

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/upload/README.diff?cvsroot=cygwin-apps&r1=NONE&r2=1.1

Earnie.

----- End forwarded message -----

* Re: [earnie_boyd@yahoo.com: The links provided in the CVS mail give a malformed query]
@ 2003-02-08 21:02 ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2003-02-08 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, tromey

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 11:56:23AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> [cc'ing Tom since I think this comes from his script]
> Apparently this is because of the r1=NONE.  Is there any way to
> correct this?

Not easily.  It's a limitation of cvs's "rdiff" cmd, which cvsweb uses.

@ 2003-02-13 17:41   ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2003-02-13 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: overseers

>> http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/upload/README.diff?cvsroot=cygwin-apps&r1=NONE&r2=1.1

Jason> Not easily.  It's a limitation of cvs's "rdiff" cmd, which
Jason> cvsweb uses.

I once asked the viewcvs maintainers about this.  I thought I might
have convinced them to work on a fix, but I don't know if anything
ever happened.

Tom

* Re: [earnie_boyd@yahoo.com: The links provided in the CVS mail give a malformed query]
@ 2003-02-13 17:49     ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2003-02-13 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: overseers

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 10:31:08AM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> >> http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/upload/README.diff?cvsroot=cygwin-apps&r1=NONE&r2=1.1
>
> Jason> Not easily.  It's a limitation of cvs's "rdiff" cmd, which
> Jason> cvsweb uses.
>
> I once asked the viewcvs maintainers about this.  I thought I might
> have convinced them to work on a fix, but I don't know if anything
> ever happened.

I believe their fix was to port viewcvs to svn. :-)  (no, really, viewcvs
supports subversion repositories quite well -- there's a guy at Apple who
volunteers in the svn project who was in town this week, giving demos and
showing us how it works.  It's very cool.  They say they're shooting for
a 1.0 type release around September.)