* Re: GCC ssh/cvs account problem
       [not found] ` <200302182000.h1IK0mL20688@caip.rutgers.edu>
@ 2003-02-18 20:11   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-02-18 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaveh R. Ghazi; +Cc: overseers

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 03:00:48PM -0500, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> > From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu>
> > Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 23:54:14 -0500 (EST)
> >
> > Hi, sometime in the last day or so my cvs update for gcc started
> > hanging.  I can't read or write or checkout a new tree from scratch.
> > It seems that checkins continue for others so it's just me.  Can you
> > please help?  What info should I provide to help debug the problem?
>
>Hi - I'd really appreciate some help.  I can checkout from
>subversions.gnu.org but not from gcc.gnu.org.
>
>My ability to work on gcc has ground to a halt.  If this is not the
>right address, please let me know who to contact.  Thanks.

I have already forwarded your request to overseers@gcc.gnu.org.  I'm
cc'ing this message there.

Nothing has changed on your account for years, so I don't know
why you are having problems unless you changed your key or protocol.

* Re: GCC ssh/cvs account problem
@ 2003-02-18 21:05     ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2003-02-18 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaveh R. Ghazi, overseers

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 03:09:36PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> I have already forwarded your request to overseers@gcc.gnu.org.  I'm
> cc'ing this message there.
>
> Nothing has changed on your account for years, so I don't know
> why you are having problems unless you changed your key or protocol.

I don't have anything to suggest, really.  You can enable cvs' 'trace'
mode like

cvs -t update

where it will show all the client/server commands as they're issued.
There might be a hint in the stream somewhere.  You can also have
cvs store all the stuff it sends/receives by setting the environment
variable CVS_CLIENT_LOG to a filename (/tmp/log, say).  /tmp/log.in
and /tmp/log.out will be created with all the text sent over the wire
during the cvs command's execution.

Other than that, I don't have any suggestions--as far as I know,
nothing has changed on the sourceware set up in the last few weeks
and no one else is having problems like this..

* Re: GCC ssh/cvs account problem
@ 2003-02-19  0:15       ` Kaveh R. Ghazi
From: Kaveh R. Ghazi @ 2003-02-19  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jason-gcclist, overseers; +Cc: cgf, ghazi

 > From: Jason Molenda <jason-gcclist@molenda.com>
 >
 > On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 03:09:36PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
 >
 > > I have already forwarded your request to overseers@gcc.gnu.org.  I'm
 > > cc'ing this message there.
 > >
 > > Nothing has changed on your account for years, so I don't know
 > > why you are having problems unless you changed your key or protocol.
 >
 > I don't have anything to suggest, really.  You can enable cvs' 'trace'
 > mode like
 >
 > cvs -t update
 >
 > where it will show all the client/server commands as they're issued.
 > There might be a hint in the stream somewhere.  You can also have
 > cvs store all the stuff it sends/receives by setting the environment
 > variable CVS_CLIENT_LOG to a filename (/tmp/log, say).  /tmp/log.in
 > and /tmp/log.out will be created with all the text sent over the wire
 > during the cvs command's execution.
 >
 > Other than that, I don't have any suggestions--as far as I know,
 > nothing has changed on the sourceware set up in the last few weeks
 > and no one else is having problems like this..

I know, however I hadn't changed anything either so I wasn't sure how
to debug it.

I've managed to get it working on another box which mounts the same
NFS directory.  So it's not my key or anything, I didn't change any
files or anything to get it working there.

Perhaps it's a (recent) firewall change, I'll check with my sysadmin.
Sorry to have bothered you.  But thanks for the debug/trace
suggestions, they are certainly useful and helped me realize no
communication was going on at all which lead me to suspect the FW.

		--Kaveh

--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu