* problems with moderation on gsl-discuss@sources.redhat.com
@ 2003-03-12 23:22 Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2003-03-12 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

Thanks for switching on moderation for
gsl-discuss@sources.redhat.com.  I am still having
problems with it though:

I receive the moderation messages but the replies to
approve them do not work.  I always get a generic
bounce message from ezmlm like the one below.

It seems that the addressess of the form

  gsl-discuss-accept-.....@sources.redhat.com

are not activated.  Maybe the same problem exists for
gsl-discuss-reject-.....@sources.redhat.com (I haven't
needed to reject any messages yet).

regards,

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd           Phone: +44 117 3179309 (UK: 0117 3179309)
15 Royal Park                  Fax: +44 117 9048108 (UK: 0117 9048108)
Bristol BS8 3AL                WWW: http://www.network-theory.co.uk/
United Kingdom               Email: bjg@network-theory.co.uk

From bjg@network-theory.co.uk  Wed Mar 12 23:11:56 2003
From: gsl-discuss-help@sources.redhat.com
To: 1047495592.16299.hmacibkmgeehhcbmlnje@clara.co.uk
Subject: ezmlm response
Date: 12 Mar 2003 23:00:15 -0000

gsl-discuss@sources.redhat.com mailing list.

This is a generic help message. The message I received wasn't sent to
any of my command addresses.

--- Administrative commands for the gsl-discuss list ---

DO NOT SEND THEM TO THE LIST ADDRESS! If you do, I will not
see them and other subscribers will be annoyed. Instead, send

   <gsl-discuss-subscribe@sources.redhat.com>

   <gsl-discuss-info@sources.redhat.com>
   <gsl-discuss-faq@sources.redhat.com>

   <gsl-discuss-digest-subscribe@sources.redhat.com>

   <gsl-discuss-get.123_145@sources.redhat.com>

   <gsl-discuss-index.123_456@sources.redhat.com>

so you'll actually get 100-499.

send an empty message to:
   <gsl-discuss-thread.12345@sources.redhat.com>

for example "john@host.domain", just add a hyphen and your
<gsl-discuss-subscribe-john=host.domain@sources.redhat.com>

gsl-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com. Please be patient, my owner is a
lot slower than I am ;-)

From: Brian Gough <bjg@network-theory.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 23:00:57 +0000
To: gsl-discuss-accept-1047495592.16299.hmacibkmgeehhcbmlnje@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: MODERATE for gsl-discuss@sources.redhat.com

* Re: problems with moderation on gsl-discuss@sources.redhat.com
@ 2003-03-13  7:33 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-03-13  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Gough; +Cc: overseers

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 11:22:37PM +0000, Brian Gough wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Thanks for switching on moderation for
>gsl-discuss@sources.redhat.com.  I am still having
>problems with it though:
>
>I receive the moderation messages but the replies to
>approve them do not work.  I always get a generic
>bounce message from ezmlm like the one below.
>
>It seems that the addressess of the form
>
>  gsl-discuss-accept-.....@sources.redhat.com
>
>are not activated.  Maybe the same problem exists for
>gsl-discuss-reject-.....@sources.redhat.com (I haven't
>needed to reject any messages yet).

It may work now.  I think the lack of a moderators file
was the problem.

cgf

* Re: problems with moderation on gsl-discuss@sources.redhat.com
@ 2003-03-14 19:13   ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2003-03-14 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Christopher Faylor writes:
 > On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 11:22:37PM +0000, Brian Gough wrote:
 > >It seems that the addressess of the form
 > >
 > >  gsl-discuss-accept-.....@sources.redhat.com
 > >
 > >are not activated.  Maybe the same problem exists for
 > >gsl-discuss-reject-.....@sources.redhat.com (I haven't
 > >needed to reject any messages yet).
 >
 > It may work now.  I think the lack of a moderators file
 > was the problem.

Must be something else, I just tried moderating a new message and
still get the same problem (see below).

regards,

--

From gsl-discuss-return-@sources.redhat.com  Fri Mar 14 19:11:19 2003

From: Brian Gough <bjg@network-theory.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:03:22 +0000
To: gsl-discuss-accept-1047666190.1012.likecgpklkbllinghini@sources.redhat.com

* Re: problems with moderation on gsl-discuss@sources.redhat.com
@ 2003-03-16 18:52     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-03-16 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Gough; +Cc: overseers

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 07:13:39PM +0000, Brian Gough wrote:
>Christopher Faylor writes:
> > On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 11:22:37PM +0000, Brian Gough wrote:
> > >It seems that the addressess of the form
> > >
> > >  gsl-discuss-accept-.....@sources.redhat.com
> > >
> > >are not activated.  Maybe the same problem exists for
> > >gsl-discuss-reject-.....@sources.redhat.com (I haven't
> > >needed to reject any messages yet).
> >
> > It may work now.  I think the lack of a moderators file
> > was the problem.
>
>Must be something else, I just tried moderating a new message and
>still get the same problem (see below).

I just made myself a moderator and tweaked some more things.  There
were some symbolic links missing in /qmail/alias.  Moral of the story:
listen to Jason when he suggests running ezmlm-make.  It probably would
have been easier than what happened here.

Anyway, I forced this message through by faking a reply to it and it
seemed to work.  If you still have the old moderated messages sitting
around, you should be able to force those through as well.

Sorry for the painful process of getting this working.  I hope it really
is working now.

cgf