From: postmaster@cygwin.com
To: John Datian <datian@lvcm.com>
Cc: overseers@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [postmaster@sources.redhat.com] REQUEST: REMOVE THIS MESSAGE FROM THE INTERNET RE: Christine Datian
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 05:32:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 12:57:40AM -0700, John Datian wrote:
>Postmaster: Once again, hello -- my name is Christine Datian.  This is
>a simple request: please remove this message from the Internet, it was
>originally sent as a request to a company regarding software from my
>office.  My name and office phone number should NOT be posted, so what
>is the problem here and why is it so hard for someone to undestand that
>permission was not given by myself or my employer to post the following
>information?
>
>If you cannot help me, please refer me to someone who can.  Here is the
>link to the posting in question.  This is the mail archive of the
>cygwin@cygwin.com mailing list for the Cygwin project:
>
>http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-06/msg00238.html
>
>What correspondence are you referring to between myself and John
>Datian?

Your current "From" address says "John Datian".  The email in question
was from "Christine Datian".

>This request is simple, but I have not reached one person who can
>assist me and I am getting rather irritated with these games.  Please
>remove this posting from the Internet or I will contact my attorney
>immediately.
>
>Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

I've forwarded this message to overseers@sourceware.org, as previously
suggested.  Your other messages apparently bounced due to html content.
You should have received a message to that effect.  To avoid that
bounced email in the future, you should be able to find a button or
option in your mailer which turns off the sending of html email.

Had you actually succeeded in sending this message to overseers, you
would have, once again, ended up archiving your original phone number
and your contact phone number on our web site.  Please be advised that
if you do not want this, you should not be including your phone number
in your email to public mailing lists.  The vast majority of public
mailing lists archive their messages on the web.

FYI, you also sent two other messages.  One was sent to Red Hat's Investor
Relations Manager.  I'm not sure why you wanted to contact him, but you
are probably pretty safe in that he won't be archiving your email on the
web.

Your other message was sent to the cygwin mailing list.  That also
probably bounced.  Lucky for you.  Had you succeeded, you would have
again caused your email to show up on our web site in the very mailing
list archives that you are currently complaining about.

I will reiterate that it is site policy not to edit email archived on
sources.redhat.com except to occasionally remove viruses from the email.
As is typical for mailing lists throughout the internet, messages sent
to our public mailing lists are archived on our web site.