* More trouble with missing files
@ 2003-05-13 21:36 Geoffrey Keating
From: Geoffrey Keating @ 2003-05-13 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Mark Mitchell

It seems like the problem I reported earlier is more general;
additional Attic directories have vanished.

Maybe it'd be a good idea to stop the CVS server temporarily while
appropriate backups can be located?  That would limit the scope of any
partly-completed commits.  (I expect this will cause trouble for the
GCC 3.3 release, but I don't think we want to make a release if it
might be missing parts of the testsuite, right Mark?)

Begin forwarded message:

--
Geoff Keating <geoffk@apple.com>

* Re: More trouble with missing files
@ 2003-05-13 21:42 ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2003-05-13 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Geoffrey Keating; +Cc: overseers

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 14:36, Geoffrey Keating wrote:

> It seems like the problem I reported earlier is more general;
> additional Attic directories have vanished.
>
> Maybe it'd be a good idea to stop the CVS server temporarily while
> appropriate backups can be located?  That would limit the scope of any
> partly-completed commits.  (I expect this will cause trouble for the
> GCC 3.3 release, but I don't think we want to make a release if it
> might be missing parts of the testsuite, right Mark?)

Right.

Do we have a CVS mirror we can just zap these directories back from?

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC

* Re: More trouble with missing files
@ 2003-05-13 21:43 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-05-13 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Geoffrey Keating; +Cc: overseers, Mark Mitchell

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 02:36:00PM -0700, Geoffrey Keating wrote:

>It seems like the problem I reported earlier is more general;
>additional Attic directories have vanished.
>
>Maybe it'd be a good idea to stop the CVS server temporarily while
>appropriate backups can be located?  That would limit the scope of any
>partly-completed commits.  (I expect this will cause trouble for the
>GCC 3.3 release, but I don't think we want to make a release if it
>might be missing parts of the testsuite, right Mark?)

I turned off cvs a couple of minutes ago.

I think I'll schedule a reboot of the system, too, just to see if
fsck catches anything.

cgf

@ 2003-05-13 21:50   ` Angela Marie Thomas
From: Angela Marie Thomas @ 2003-05-13 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: Geoffrey Keating, overseers, Mark Mitchell

Whoops... will have to wait until after your reboot to finish finding out
what is missing.

--Angela

* Re: More trouble with missing files
@ 2003-05-13 21:51   ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2003-05-13 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: Geoffrey Keating, overseers

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 14:43, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 02:36:00PM -0700, Geoffrey Keating wrote:
> >
> >It seems like the problem I reported earlier is more general;
> >additional Attic directories have vanished.
> >
> >Maybe it'd be a good idea to stop the CVS server temporarily while
> >appropriate backups can be located?  That would limit the scope of any
> >partly-completed commits.  (I expect this will cause trouble for the
> >GCC 3.3 release, but I don't think we want to make a release if it
> >might be missing parts of the testsuite, right Mark?)
>
> I turned off cvs a couple of minutes ago.
>
> I think I'll schedule a reboot of the system, too, just to see if
> fsck catches anything.

Thanks.

--
Mark Mitchell