From: Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com>
To: overseers@sources.redhat.com
Subject: offering my services for $$$ to remove people's names from the archives?
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 05:21:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I think I'm spending way too much time trying to explain site policy
regarding editing of the archives.  And, I really don't want to start
editing archives for the clueless as a matter of course.  I'm just a
volunteer here.  I'm not a Red Hat sysadmin or anything like that.

I was thinking of having people donate $20 to my paypal account for this
service.  Is that a really terrible money grubbing suggestion?  Does it
set a bad precedent?  I vaguely recall that someone might have suggested
this in the past but I don't remember if it was a serious suggestion or
not.

Part of my reason for wanting to do this is that I got scammed on ebay
recently while trying to purchase a laptop and I'm scrounging around
trying to get back some of what I lost so that I can actually buy a
laptop.

But, I also think there is a certain justice in being paid for my time
fixing other people's screwups.  I spent a fair amount of time dealing
with the fact that people let viruses onto their system last weekend so
this would be a small recompense for that as well.

If someone else wants to undercut my $20 and do this for less, I'm
perfectly fine with that too, of course.

If this seems unprofessional or otherwise untoward let me know and I'll
stick with the current state of affairs.

cgf