* new mailing lists for glibc bugzilla
@ 2004-02-01  2:17 Roland McGrath
From: Roland McGrath @ 2004-02-01  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi there.  We're going to need some new mailing lists on
sources.redhat.com.  These will have open subscription, but should be sent
to exclusively by bugzilla.  The config for the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list is probably the same as what we want for these, though
bugzilla's sender address is probably sources.redhat.com not gcc.gnu.org
for our bugzilla.

Btw, are sources.redhat.com and gcc.gnu.org the same or different for the
mailing list name space?

I know for sure now that we want:

	glibc-bugs
	glibc-bugs-regex

We might want additional distinct glibc-bugs-foo lists as well.
I haven't polled all the developers about that yet.

Thanks,
Roland

* Re: new mailing lists for glibc bugzilla
@ 2004-03-13  0:06 ` Roland McGrath
From: Roland McGrath @ 2004-03-13  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi.  I mentioned this before but it seems not to have happened.
Please create new mailing lists glibc-bugs and glibc-bugs-regex at
sources.redhat.com; these should be configured the same way as
the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org list is configured, however that is.
Except that if there is a responsible human, that should be <roland@gnu.org>.

Can we have these lists ASAP?

@ 2004-03-18 19:46   ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2004-03-18 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland McGrath; +Cc: overseers

Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> writes:

> Hi.  I mentioned this before but it seems not to have happened.
> Please create new mailing lists glibc-bugs and glibc-bugs-regex at
> sources.redhat.com; these should be configured the same way as
> the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org list is configured, however that is.
> Except that if there is a responsible human, that should be <roland@gnu.org>.
>
> Can we have these lists ASAP?

Part of the problem is that when using ezmlm it's actually not that
easy to configure a list the same way as another list.  It's easier to
configure the list de novo.  This is because the ezmlm configuration
information is stored in lots of little files.

In any case, I took a stab at this.  The lists now exist.  Probably
some configuration settings will have to be changed.  Let us know
about any changes you would like.

Ian

* Re: new mailing lists for glibc bugzilla
@ 2004-03-18 20:22     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-03-18 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, roland

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 02:45:52PM -0500, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> writes:
>
>> Hi.  I mentioned this before but it seems not to have happened.
>> Please create new mailing lists glibc-bugs and glibc-bugs-regex at
>> sources.redhat.com; these should be configured the same way as
>> the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org list is configured, however that is.
>> Except that if there is a responsible human, that should be <roland@gnu.org>.
>>
>> Can we have these lists ASAP?
>
>Part of the problem is that when using ezmlm it's actually not that
>easy to configure a list the same way as another list.  It's easier to
>configure the list de novo.  This is because the ezmlm configuration
>information is stored in lots of little files.
>
>In any case, I took a stab at this.  The lists now exist.  Probably
>some configuration settings will have to be changed.  Let us know
>about any changes you would like.

FWIW, the "mkmail" script should automate the required steps.

cgf

* Re: new mailing lists for glibc bugzilla
@ 2004-03-18 20:24       ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2004-03-18 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: overseers, roland

Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> writes:

> FWIW, the "mkmail" script should automate the required steps.

Cool.  I'll have to remember that one.

Ian

* Re: new mailing lists for glibc bugzilla
@ 2004-03-18 21:25     ` Roland McGrath
From: Roland McGrath @ 2004-03-18 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: overseers

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/glibc-bugs is not there, and a glibc-bugs test
posting and a glibc-bugs-request subscribe message both went into the black
hole with no response so far.  Is the list really there?

@ 2004-03-18 21:54       ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2004-03-18 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland McGrath; +Cc: overseers

Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> writes:

> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/glibc-bugs is not there, and a glibc-bugs test
> posting and a glibc-bugs-request subscribe message both went into the black
> hole with no response so far.  Is the list really there?

OK, I scrapped what I had done, and used the mkmail script.  The web
page is there now, though it could use some customization.

This mailing list is managed by ezmlm, so there is no -request
address.  To subscribe, send e-mail to
    glibc-bugs-subscribe@sources.redhat.com

I'm sure stuff will have to change.  Let us know what it is.

Ian

* Re: new mailing lists for glibc bugzilla
@ 2004-03-18 22:05         ` Roland McGrath
From: Roland McGrath @ 2004-03-18 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: overseers

Thanks.