* A problem with the gcc-patches web archives -- please read
@ 2004-02-21 15:57 Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2004-02-21 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, gcc-patches; +Cc: overseers

The web archiver got stuck for about six hours yesterday.
It was restarted, but the messages for the six hours it was
stuck were not archived.  The archiving was restarted about
24 hours ago.

I'm currently re-generating the web archives for this month.
It will include the missing 6 hours, but it's important
to note that the URLs used for those messages will overlap
with messages archived over the last 24 hours.  In short,
the gcc-patches URLs from the last 24 hours must now be
considered to be different.

I apologize for that, but there aren't many better ways
to handle this.

Jason

* Re: A problem with the gcc-patches web archives -- please read
@ 2004-02-21 16:01 ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2004-02-21 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

The old directory is saved aside as "2004-02.o".

I'm not sure if the regen will finish before I have to leave
for the day -- it's only about 10% done and I'm out of here
in 25 minutes, no flexibility.  The script I'm using to
do this is in the sourceware CVS repo,
infra/ml-archiving/ml-regen-from-txtfiles.sh.  With luck it'll
finish without any problems and no one will need to do anything.
But if it doesn't work out, that's what I did.

@ 2004-02-21 20:18   ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2004-02-21 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I got a break in the seminars for an hour.

It looks like my stupid notebook went to sleep while the regen
was still happening -- it did not finish.

I'll restart.  With sleep disabled.