* [hp: Re: Hit the 2G limit for sourceware repository, too?]
@ 2004-04-21  7:25 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-04-21  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Just forwarding a private conversation for the records.

Btw, as a humorous aside, I am in the process of setting up a new system
to handle my email forwarding.  As I was tinkering with postfix, I
noticed that I had already gotten some incoming spam to it.  The reason
was that I'd been using the system name in my message-ids for a while so
some enterprising spammer was sending email to a substring of my message
id.  This is, of course, a nonexistent user in my new domain but that
doesn't stop a good spammer from trying.

With this in mind, I've truncated the message-id in the In-Reply-To below.

cgf

----- Forwarded message from Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp> -----

From: Hans-Peter Nilsson
To: Christopher Faylor
Subject: Re: Hit the 2G limit for sourceware repository, too?
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:19:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> There seems to be a runaway htdig process right now.

Aargh!

Nitpickingly, it wasn't runaway, it was "just" indexing from
scratch.  Unfortunately it'd surely hit the limit, so I've just
killed it (after kill -CONT:ing it because someone had kill
-STOP:ed it) and disabled the crontab entry.

I'll try the gzip trick I've alluded to, as yet another kludge.
Later, that is.

>  Did we hit
> the limit on sourceware archives now, too?

Yes, on 2004-04-10 it seems.  See
~htdigid/sourceware/update-log*

brgds, H-P
PS.  Your message wasn't CC to overseers.  You're welcome to
forward this if you please.

----- End forwarded message -----

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-04-20 16:54 UTC | newest]