* /var/ftp and ~ftp broken!
@ 2004-05-02 15:21 Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2004-05-02 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Who broke both /var/ftp and ~ftp, and why?

I noticed that the public ftp data area now seems to reside in
  /sourceware/ftp/anonftp/pub
and both /var/ftp and ~ftp are broken.

I cannot remember any e-mail on that, but this badly broke GCC snapshots.

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald@pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/

* Re: /var/ftp and ~ftp broken!
@ 2004-05-02 15:51 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-05-02 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 03:08:12PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>Who broke both /var/ftp and ~ftp, and why?
>
>I noticed that the public ftp data area now seems to reside in
>  /sourceware/ftp/anonftp/pub
>and both /var/ftp and ~ftp are broken.

This has been the home of ftp since the machines inception, AFAIK.
The link was something that I added when the new sourceware was
brought online.

I don't know how the symlink evaporated.  I did try an installation of
proftpd to see what would happen but the RPM intallation failed.  It
sure didn't look like it got far enough to do any of this type of
damage but I guess that's the probable reason for this.

Anyway, I put the link back.

cgf