* firewall changes?
@ 2004-05-07 22:49 Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2004-05-07 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sourceware Overseers

Hi -

It looks like the new home of overseers is subject to different
firewall filtering than the old one.  NTP for example works only
to two or three papally blessed servers.  Does anyone know of any
other active UDP services that the new firewall may interfere with?
DNS thankfully is working.

- FChE

* Re: firewall changes?
@ 2004-05-09 15:22 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-05-09 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: Sourceware Overseers

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 06:27:26PM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
>It looks like the new home of overseers is subject to different
>firewall filtering than the old one.  NTP for example works only
>to two or three papally blessed servers.  Does anyone know of any
>other active UDP services that the new firewall may interfere with?
>DNS thankfully is working.

Hmm.  I thought I changed the ntp configuration when sourceware moved
to Raleigh so that it only used Red Hat ntp servers.

Oh yeah, and then when it moved outside I had to change it to something
else.  And, now it's back, so...  What fun.

IIRC, that Red Hat's firewall used to block outgoing smtp when I was
there to prevent the external spraying of Windows viruses (Windows
systems at Red Hat???  Gasp!).  The system seems to be sending email
correctly, at least, so that must not be an issue.

cgf