* Tightened up spam checking for local groups like gcc-cvs, gdb-cvs, etc.
@ 2004-05-20 18:31 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-05-20 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I don't know why but I wasn't seeing a lot of spam in the various *-cvs
lists but, today, someone complained about the amount they were seeing
in cygwin-cvs.  So, I took a look at the archives and was appalled by
how many things had slipped into what was supposed to be a private
group.

Anyway, I've applied a relatively quick hack to
/sourceware/infra/bin/local-mail-only.sh which should stop external
people from spamming local-only lists using what appear to be local
 From: email.

There is always the possibility that I missed something however, so
please be on the lookout for messages not getting correctly propagated
to various *-cvs groups.  If you notice something amiss please send
an alert here.

Now, I just have to figure out what part of my current email setup
is kindly eating the spam that I actually want to see...

cgf

* Tightened up spam checking for local groups like gcc-cvs, gdb-cvs, etc.
@ 2004-05-20 21:59 ` Christopher Faylor