* gcc-cvs mailing list and viruses
@ 2004-05-21 13:35 Ranjit Mathew
From: Ranjit Mathew @ 2004-05-21 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

    There seem to be a lot of viruses sent to the
gcc-cvs mailing list - in fact, any message whose
subject does not start with "gcc/" seems to be a
virus.

How come this list is singled out like this? Or is
it that we actively filter out viruses from other
mailing lists and do not bother with this list?

Thanks,
Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew          Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.      Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/

From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-05-21 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ranjit Mathew; +Cc: overseers

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 05:58:29PM +0530, Ranjit Mathew wrote:
>There seem to be a lot of viruses sent to the gcc-cvs mailing list - in
>fact, any message whose subject does not start with "gcc/" seems to be
>a virus.
>
>How come this list is singled out like this?  Or is it that we actively
>filter out viruses from other mailing lists and do not bother with this
>list?

http://sourceware.org/ml/overseers/2004-q2/msg00310.html

AFAICT, there has been no spam to gcc-cvs since I made this change but
there have been twelve blocked attempts to send spam there.

cgf