* [hronne@comhem.se: Bizarre ftp access problem]
@ 2004-05-21 18:35 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-05-21 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: hronne

----- Forwarded message from Hans Ronne <hronne@comhem.se> -----

From: Hans Ronne
To: sourcemaster
Subject: Bizarre ftp access problem
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 19:14:49 +0200

Hi,

I recently uploaded several files to the xconq ftp directory on
sources.redhat.com. I put them in different subdirectories, which I created
in order to organize the files. Strangely, it seems that whether or not I
can access one of these directories for download depends on what browser I
am using!

The links to the new directories is here:

http://sources.redhat.com/xconq/ftp.html

Now, what happens when I use Linux is the following:

The first link:

ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/xconq/xconq-7.5.pre/MacOS/Native/

works with both Mozilla and Konqueror.

The second and third links:

ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/xconq/xconq-7.5.pre/MacOS/TCL/

ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/xconq/xconq-7.5.pre/Win32/TCL/

both work with Mozilla, but not with Konqueror.

The fourth link:

ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/xconq/xconq-7.5.pre/Unix/TCL/

works with Konqueror, but not with Mozilla.

I have no problem accessing the directories by sftp. I have checked the
file permissions, and they are the same for all four directories. I get a
timeout error message when the connections fail.

This strange effect has been confirmed by another xconq developer (Eric
McDonald) so it is not due to a configuration problem on my side.

To add to the confusion, Netscape under MacOS 9 behaved like Mozilla under
Linux yesterday, but now I can access all four directories with it. Under
Linux, the problem persists.

I am baffled by this problem. Have you seen anything like it before?

Hans Ronne

----- End forwarded message -----

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-05-21 18:15 UTC | newest]