* Weird ban put in place?
@ 2004-07-07 20:38 Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2004-07-07 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Huh?

----- Forwarded message from MAILER-DAEMON@sourceware.org -----
Date: 7 Jul 2004 20:16:54 -0000
From: MAILER-DAEMON@sourceware.org
To: phil@disaster.jaj.com
Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sourceware.org.

<gcc@gcc.gnu.org>:
Sorry, I've been told to reject your posts.
info for this site.
Contact gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org if you have questions about this. (#5.7.2)

--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:16:50 -0400
From: Phil Edwards <phil@codesourcery.com>
To: TLN <31337@mail.kz>
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Help with installation! plz!

(Body suppressed)

----- End forwarded message -----

* Re: Weird ban put in place?
@ 2004-07-07 21:06 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-07-07 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Edwards; +Cc: overseers

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 04:38:21PM -0400, Phil Edwards wrote:
>Huh?

  # grep phil-AT-codesourcery /var/log/autoblock.log
  2004-07-07 17:04:46 phil-AT-codesourcery-PERIOD-com -> anoncvs@gcc.gnu.org (added to deny list)

This is usually the result of virus activity.  anoncvs@gcc.gnu.org is
one of the most popular spam traps on the system.  It catches a lot of
valid spammers and, unfortunately, occasionally a few valid email
addresses as well.

I catch and fix people who have wandered into the spam trap who are also
subscribed to mailing lists but since the referenced email address wasn't
subscribed anywhere, I didn't notice this.

Anyway, it's permanently fixed now.

cgf