* [antonio.bleile: [postmaster] my email address on your web site]
@ 2004-07-15 14:34 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-07-15 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Anyone want to contact this person?  I have avoided putting his email
address in the text of this message but presumably it is retrievable
from the archives.

Wasn't there supposed to be some text somewhere on the gcc mailing list
about not editing the archives or, maybe editing them for a fee?  Also,
I couldn't readily find any words like this on the gcc page:

WARNING:

    * All of the messages you send to these mailing lists will be archived. If you include
      sensitive information in your message it will be viewable by anyone. That includes email
      addresses, phone numbers, addresses, etc.

      Site policy is to not edit the archives except, possibly to remove viruses. This means
      that your information will be viewable by posterity, so be careful.

Is it there?  It may well be that I'm just overlooking it.

cgf

----- Forwarded message from Antonio Bleile <antonio.bleile> -----

From: Antonio Bleile <antonio.bleile>
To: gcc-bugs-owner
Subject: [postmaster] my email address on your web site
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:46:31 +0200

Hi,

in my posting

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2004-02/msg00609.html

is my email address. This is a good source for spammers.
In fact I get a lot of spam every day. Could you please
remove either the posting or my signature on that web
site? When I posted my bug I was not aware of the fact
that it would be published on the internet. If I had
known I would have used a different signature.

Thank you and kind regards,

    Toni

P.S.: I already contacted teh webmasters at gnu.org, but
the server gcc.gnu.org is not run by them. They pointed me
out your email address:

----------------------SNIP----------------------

>[antonio.bleile - Wed Jul 07 03:53:04 2004]:
>>
>> Hello Derek,
>>
>> I'm astonished of your determination to help me. Not many people out
>> there doing what you do. I really appreciate.

Not a problem. I just got the ticket back today:

Paul Fisher via RT wrote:

>> gcc.gnu.org is not run by the Free Software Foundation, and we have no
>> control over the machine -- the machine is run by Red Hat.
>>
>> My best guess would be to email gcc-bugs-owner and ask for
>> that email to be removed.
>>
>> Paul

Since it's not a GNU system there's not much we can do about it. I'm
afraid Paul's suggestion to email gcc-bugs-owner is probably
the best course of action. I hope this helps.

Derek

----- End forwarded message -----

* Re: [antonio.bleile: [postmaster] my email address on your web site]
@ 2004-07-15 20:24 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-07-15 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers