* upgrading qmail -- anyone used qpsmtpd?  and question for Ian
@ 2004-07-26 19:13 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-07-26 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I am thinking about upgrading qmail to netqmail-1.05 and dropping some
local patches that are currently in place in favor of using something
that is semi-maintained.

In searching for the best way to tell qmail to block virus attachments
I came across qpsmtpd.  Has anyone had any experience with this perl
script?  It is supposed to be a drop in replacement for qsmtpd but
I'm a little reluctant to experiment on a live system.  Although qpsmtpd
is a perl script, the fact that it blocks email at the smtp layer
means that possibly the network load will be less.

Btw, Ian, did you volunteer, at one point, to move qmail into the
/sourceware/service directory and set it up for "supervise" control?  I
was going to do that as part of this transition but I figured that if
you already have a setup that works we probably should use that.  If
you have the time and the inclination, I think that we'd benefit from
doing this.

cgf

* Re: upgrading qmail -- anyone used qpsmtpd?  and question for Ian
@ 2004-07-27 17:38 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2004-07-27 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: overseers

Christopher Faylor <me@cgf.cx> writes:

> Btw, Ian, did you volunteer, at one point, to move qmail into the
> /sourceware/service directory and set it up for "supervise" control?  I
> was going to do that as part of this transition but I figured that if
> you already have a setup that works we probably should use that.  If
> you have the time and the inclination, I think that we'd benefit from
> doing this.

I do have a setup that works on my system.  I can migrate sourceware.

Ian

* Re: upgrading qmail -- anyone used qpsmtpd?  and question for Ian
@ 2004-07-28  9:02   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-07-28  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 03:12:54PM -0400, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>Christopher Faylor <me@cgf.cx> writes:
>>Btw, Ian, did you volunteer, at one point, to move qmail into the
>>/sourceware/service directory and set it up for "supervise" control?  I
>>was going to do that as part of this transition but I figured that if
>>you already have a setup that works we probably should use that.  If
>>you have the time and the inclination, I think that we'd benefit from
>>doing this.
>
>I do have a setup that works on my system.  I can migrate sourceware.

Thanks.

@ 2004-09-11  6:25     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-09-11  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 01:38:36PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 03:12:54PM -0400, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>>Christopher Faylor <me@cgf.cx> writes:
>>>Btw, Ian, did you volunteer, at one point, to move qmail into the
>>>/sourceware/service directory and set it up for "supervise" control?  I
>>>was going to do that as part of this transition but I figured that if
>>>you already have a setup that works we probably should use that.  If
>>>you have the time and the inclination, I think that we'd benefit from
>>>doing this.
>>
>>I do have a setup that works on my system.  I can migrate sourceware.
>
>Thanks.

Ian, do you have any timeframe for when you could do this?  I'd like to
add some additional spam blocking to qmail and I would like to use some
tcpserver capabilities.

@ 2004-09-12  2:28       ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2004-09-12  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: overseers

Christopher Faylor <me@cgf.cx> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 01:38:36PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >>
> >>I do have a setup that works on my system.  I can migrate sourceware.
> >
> >Thanks.
>
> Ian, do you have any timeframe for when you could do this?  I'd like to
> add some additional spam blocking to qmail and I would like to use some
> tcpserver capabilities.

Oh yeah.  I did it.  qmail, smtpd, and qmtpd are now controlled by
supervise via symlinks in the /service directory.  The symlinks point
to subdirectories of the new directory /qmail/service.

Let me know if you see any problems or have any questions.

Ian

* Re: upgrading qmail -- anyone used qpsmtpd?  and question for Ian
@ 2004-09-12 15:19         ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-09-12 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 10:21:47PM -0400, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>Christopher Faylor <me@cgf.cx> writes:

>> >Thanks.
>>
>> Ian, do you have any timeframe for when you could do this?  I'd like to
>> add some additional spam blocking to qmail and I would like to use some
>> tcpserver capabilities.
>
>Oh yeah.  I did it.  qmail, smtpd, and qmtpd are now controlled by
>supervise via symlinks in the /service directory.  The symlinks point
>to subdirectories of the new directory /qmail/service.
>
>Let me know if you see any problems or have any questions.

Thank you for doing this.  Much appreciated.

cgf