* sources.redhat.com glibc group access
@ 2004-08-05  3:22 Roland McGrath
From: Roland McGrath @ 2004-08-05  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Ulrich Drepper, Alexandre Oliva

Please put aoliva back in the glibc group.

I have implemented some fine-grained ACL hooey with CVS scripts in the
glibc repository on sources.  This lets us constrain write access based on
tag/branch names and repository directories.  We want to start hosting some
community efforts with more lax review than core libc maintenance has.  We
will keep these in separate modules and/or branches and allow some
contributors to commit/tag only in certain areas.  (Of course CVS ACL
scripts are far from bulletproof.  But we trust those with shell access not
to circumvent them as they trivially can, and those we give cvs server
access not to attempt to break them.)

I'm doing things this way to minimize the overhead on sourceware
infrastructure while providing the necessary infrastructure for this
separate collaboration to be easy for the community to participate in.
What I will need from you is to put users into the glibc group, including
setting up new users, for whatever users I ask and hopefully in a somewhat
timely fashion.

Alex is the first contributor in one of these new community efforts.  He
needs to be in the group before so the ACL rule that permits him to write
to a new module in the repository can work.

Thanks,
Roland

* Re: sources.redhat.com glibc group access
@ 2004-08-05 20:32 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-08-05 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland McGrath; +Cc: overseers, Ulrich Drepper, Alexandre Oliva

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 07:51:12PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
>Please put aoliva back in the glibc group.

He's back.

cgf