* Fwd: [dj@redhat.com: ./ diff Makefile.def Makefile.in Makefile.tpl]
@ 2005-01-18 15:12 Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2005-01-18 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: kcook

 > Unfortunately, without write access to src/, I am at the mercy of
 > requesting assistance from more privileged folks such as yourself to
 > check in toplevel changes to src/.

Maybe Kelley ought to be given access to src, since he's working mostly
on the build machinery?

Paolo

* Re: Fwd: [dj@redhat.com: ./ diff Makefile.def Makefile.in Makefile.tpl]
@ 2005-01-18 15:31   ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2005-01-18 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: kcook, overseers, dj

> Aren't these files under the juridisdiction of DJ and others?

I think that the "go ahead = get a CVS account" rule applies to src as
well. So

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-01/msg01027.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-01/msg01033.html

would count as buy-ins.

@ 2005-01-18 15:41 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2005-01-18 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kcook, overseers, Paolo Bonzini, dj

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 04:12:34PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> Unfortunately, without write access to src/, I am at the mercy of
>> requesting assistance from more privileged folks such as yourself to
>> check in toplevel changes to src/.
>
>Maybe Kelley ought to be given access to src, since he's working mostly
>on the build machinery?

Aren't these files under the juridisdiction of DJ and others?

There's no problem giving Kelley access if we get buy-in from the
responsible parties.

cgf

* Re: Fwd: [dj@redhat.com: ./ diff Makefile.def Makefile.in Makefile.tpl]
@ 2005-01-18 15:45     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2005-01-18 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, kcook, Paolo Bonzini, dj

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 04:31:27PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>>Aren't these files under the juridisdiction of DJ and others?
>
>I think that the "go ahead = get a CVS account" rule applies to src as
>well. So
>
>http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-01/msg01027.html
>http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-01/msg01033.html
>
>would count as buy-ins.

That email suggests that Kelley should contact us with the request and,
presumably, he would have included references to the email granting
him permissions.  That would have streamlined this process.

Anyway, I've added kcook to the src group.

cgf

* Re: Fwd: [dj@redhat.com: ./ diff Makefile.def Makefile.in Makefile.tpl]
@ 2005-01-18 18:01   ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2005-01-18 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: me; +Cc: kcook, overseers, paolo.bonzini

> Aren't these files under the juridisdiction of DJ and others?
>
> There's no problem giving Kelley access if we get buy-in from the
> responsible parties.

I'm OK with the write-after-approval version of "access".