* failure notice (fwd)
@ 2005-04-05 23:55 Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2005-04-05 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I'm on the global-allow list (subscribed in October on the
sources.redhat.com side, and subscribed again now on the gcc.gnu.org side
when I received this message), but my message still gets rejected.  What
is the problem?  (Original message attached, gzipped.)

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
    jsm@polyomino.org.uk (personal mail)

Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 23:45:05 +0000 (UTC)
From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph@codesourcery.com>
To: Translation Project Robot <translation@iro.umontreal.ca>
cc: gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: New Kinyarwanda PO file for `gcc'
Sender: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph@codesourcery.com>

(Body suppressed)

From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph@codesourcery.com>
To: Translation Project Robot <translation@iro.umontreal.ca>
Cc: gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 23:45:05 +0000 (UTC)

(Body suppressed)

[-- Attachment #3: Type: APPLICATION/octet-stream, Size: 984 bytes --]

* Re: failure notice (fwd)
@ 2005-04-06  0:30 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2005-04-06  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Joseph S. Myers

[reply-to set]
On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 11:55:39PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
>I'm on the global-allow list (subscribed in October on the
>sources.redhat.com side, and subscribed again now on the gcc.gnu.org
>side when I received this message), but my message still gets rejected.
>What is the problem?  (Original message attached, gzipped.)

I blocked the subject after the first ten or twenty of these messages.

cgf

* failure notice (fwd)
@ 2002-05-03  9:55 Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2002-05-03  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

What and why do the spam checks think is wrong with the subject "Re: 3.2
PATCH: New install.info and install.dvi targets"?

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk

Sorry, something in your subject was flagged as indicative of spam.
Please change your subject and try again.
Contact gcc-patches-owner@gcc.gnu.org if you have questions about this. (#5.7.2)

Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 17:22:36 +0100 (BST)
From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>
To: Rainer Orth <ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
cc:  <gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: 3.2 PATCH: New install.info and install.dvi targets
Sender: Joseph Myers <jsm28@srcf.ucam.org>

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Rainer Orth wrote:

> 	* Makefile.in ($(docdir)/install.info): New target.
> 	(info): Depend on it.
> 	($(docdir)/install.dvi): New target.
> 	(dvi): Depend on it.

Info files need to be mentioned in .cvsignore.  Also, I think the name
change to gccinstall.info (both in the name built in the Makefile, and in
the @setfilename) should be done now in preparation for possible future
installation of the manual.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk

* Re: failure notice (fwd)
@ 2002-03-20  8:46 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-03-20  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph S. Myers; +Cc: postmaster, overseers

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 05:51:07PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
>Why is the spam blocking reporting a problem with an empty IP address?
>What is the actual IP address in question it has a problem with?

It's a bug in the header parsing in the new spam blocker apparently:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-03/msg01127.html

It must have been confused by the exim headers.

I've checked in a fix which should stop the check against the empty ip
address.  I'll check into making it properly parse the header next.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  Please let me know if you still are unable
to post.  I'll be watching the queue for this.  This one got by me.

cgf

--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .

* failure notice (fwd)
@ 2002-03-19 10:54 Joseph S. Myers

Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:25:19 +0000 (GMT)
From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk>
To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com>
cc:  <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: patch for -Wno-long-long and early GNAT compilers
Sender: Joseph Myers <jsm28@srcf.ucam.org>

@ 2001-07-31  9:05 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-07-31  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer; +Cc: overseers

Bernhard> Guess the mailing list spam filters are a bit too
Bernhard> restrictive ATM - none of the commit messages makes it
Bernhard> through

Thanks.  This was a buglet in the rhl-cvs `editor' file.
I believe I've fixed it.  If not, let me know and I'll try again.

Tom

* failure notice (fwd)
@ 2001-07-31  1:06 Bernhard Rosenkraenzer
From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer @ 2001-07-31  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Guess the mailing list spam filters are a bit too restrictive ATM - none
of the commit messages makes it through

Date: 30 Jul 2001 19:23:56 -0000
From: bero@sourceware.cygnus.com
To: rhl-cvs@sources.redhat.com
Subject: specspo/dist C.po dist.pot

CVSROOT:	/cvs/rhl
Module name:	specspo
Changes by:	bero@sources.redhat.com	2001-07-30 12:23:56

Modified files:
	dist           : C.po dist.pot

Log message:
	Add qt3 subpackages

* Re: failure notice (fwd)
@ 2001-03-10 16:54       ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-03-10 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: overseers

On Sat, 10 Mar 2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I can add gccadmin@gcc.gnu.org as an allowed address for gcc@gcc.gnu.org.
>
> I don't think that overseers@gcc.gnu.org is the appropriate place to send
> these, though.  I thought that the purpose of this account was to eliminate
> the need for involving overseers.

Good point.

> We could set up a gccadmin mailing list or mail alias and let people join
> it.  Would that be ok?

Well, perhaps let's start with gcc@gcc.gnu.org and then see how it
evolves?

Gerald

* Re: failure notice (fwd)
@ 2001-03-10 12:09     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-03-10 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers

@ 2001-03-09 23:54   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-03-09 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

@ 2001-03-09 17:11 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-03-09 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 12:26:12AM +0100, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>This is when I just sent a test message to gccadmin@gcc.gnu.org. Is this
>intended?? I didn't even know that we forward that.

I think I set this up.  The .qmail file in ~gccadmin is set up to forward
email to gcc@gcc.gnu.org.  I didn't realize that that would cause this kind
of problem.

--
cgf@cygnus.com                        Red Hat, Inc.