* Re: BL dispute: IP:209.132.176.174
       [not found] <wh4367b287g3b3e@msgid.spamcop.net>
@ 2005-11-01 22:24 ` SpamCop/Ellen
From: SpamCop/Ellen @ 2005-11-01 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor

What I am seeing are several things:

1) confirmation emails for different lists to different spamtraps. Perhaps
these are triggered by spams being sent to your subscribe server which is
not distinguishing spam from legit requests?

2) mails with this subject line to a trap -- we also saw this subject line
to a different trap a couple of weeks ago:

Subject: cygwin-apps Digest of ...

In total we have 7 trap hits in just over 2 days. We do not keep all the
trap hits in the database, only a representative number but I would assume
that the others are either one or the other of those above.

Ellen
SpamCop

Please include all previous correspondence with replies

Are you signed up for summary reports?
If you are an ISP, hosting company or a mail admin,
 you probably should be:
http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/94.html

From: Christopher Faylor @ 2005-11-01 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SpamCop/Ellen, Chris Faylor

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 01:31:52PM -0500, SpamCop/Ellen wrote:
>What I am seeing are several things:
>
>1) confirmation emails for different lists to different spamtraps. Perhaps
>these are triggered by spams being sent to your subscribe server which is
>not distinguishing spam from legit requests?

Possibly, but this wouldn't have changed recently.  Only some of the most
popular lists are using spam checking for subscription requests.  I guess
it's time to change that.

The confirmation email to address would be interesting in that case.

>2) mails with this subject line to a trap -- we also saw this subject line
>to a different trap a couple of weeks ago:
>
>Subject: cygwin-apps Digest of ...

There should be a "Return-Path" and a "List-Unsubscribe" which
illustrates who is abusing the cygwin-apps mailing list.  Do you still
have that information?  I don't see anything obvious in the subscriber
list.

Thanks, as always, for responding so quickly.

cgf