* Access to new GCC subversion repository doesn't work
@ 2005-11-20 19:59 Manfred Hollstein
From: Manfred Hollstein @ 2005-11-20 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to checkout GCC from the new subversion repository,
but it fails :-( I have subversion-1.3 packages on my system and I'm
using my SSH credentials which worked during CVS times. This is the
command I'm currently running:

  $ svn co svn+ssh://manfred@gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk gcc

Waiting forever...  In another window, running the following command
reveals something interesting:

  $ slogin -v manfred@gcc.gnu.org
  OpenSSH_4.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7g 11 Apr 2005
  debug1: Reading configuration data /home/manfred/.ssh/config
  debug1: Applying options for gcc.gnu.org
  debug1: Applying options for *
  debug1: Applying options for *
  debug1: Connecting to gcc.gnu.org [209.132.176.174] port 22.
  debug1: Connection established.
  debug1: identity file /home/manfred/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
  debug1: identity file /home/manfred/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
  debug1: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version
  OpenSSH_3.9p1
  debug1: match: OpenSSH_3.9p1 pat OpenSSH_3.*
  debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.1
  debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
  debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received
  debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 zlib
  debug1: kex: client->server aes128-cbc hmac-md5 zlib
  debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REQUEST(1024<1024<8192) sent
  debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_GROUP
  debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_INIT sent
  debug1: Host 'gcc.gnu.org' is known and matches the RSA host key.
  debug1: Found key in /home/manfred/.ssh/known_hosts:7
  debug1: Enabling compression at level 6.
  debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
  debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
  debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
  debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
  debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-with-mic
  debug1: Offering public key: /home/manfred/.ssh/saturn/id_dsa
  debug1: Remote: Port forwarding disabled.
  debug1: Remote: X11 forwarding disabled.
  debug1: Remote: Agent forwarding disabled.
  debug1: Remote: Forced command: /usr/local/bin/cvs server
  debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-dss blen 819
  debug1: Remote: Port forwarding disabled.
  debug1: Remote: X11 forwarding disabled.
  debug1: Remote: Agent forwarding disabled.
  debug1: Remote: Forced command: /usr/local/bin/cvs server
  debug1: Authentication succeeded (publickey).
  debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
  debug1: Entering interactive session.
  debug1: Requesting X11 forwarding with authentication spoofing.
  debug1: Sending environment.
  debug1: Sending env LC_MESSAGES = en_US
  debug1: Sending env LC_COLLATE = POSIX
  debug1: Sending env LANG = de_DE.UTF-8
  debug1: Sending env LC_TIME = en_US
  debug1: Remote: X11 forwarding disabled in user configuration file.

Note the line indicating

  Remote: Forced command: /usr/local/bin/cvs server

Is this really supposed to happen? Does my account have to be "migrated"
from CVSoverSSH to SVNoverSSH?

TIA, cheers.

l8er
manfred

* Re: Access to new GCC subversion repository doesn't work
@ 2005-11-20 20:04 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2005-11-20 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manfred Hollstein; +Cc: overseers

Manfred Hollstein wrote:

> Note the line indicating
>
>   Remote: Forced command: /usr/local/bin/cvs server
>
> Is this really supposed to happen? Does my account have to be "migrated"
> from CVSoverSSH to SVNoverSSH?

Good analysis - that made it easy to see where the problem was. We had
previous made some changes to everyones ~/.ssh/authorized_keys files to
support the move from CVS to SVN (or rather, to permit both CVS and SVN to
be usable, not just CVS). However you also had an authorized_keys2 file.

I've changed that too, so it should now work. I'll also fix up everyone
else in the same position.

Jifl

* Re: Access to new GCC subversion repository doesn't work
@ 2005-11-21  2:40   ` Manfred Hollstein
From: Manfred Hollstein @ 2005-11-21  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: overseers

Hi Jonathan,

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, 20:38:32 +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Manfred Hollstein wrote:
> >
> >Note the line indicating
> >
> >  Remote: Forced command: /usr/local/bin/cvs server
> >
> >Is this really supposed to happen? Does my account have to be "migrated"
> >from CVSoverSSH to SVNoverSSH?
>
> Good analysis - that made it easy to see where the problem was. We had
> previous made some changes to everyones ~/.ssh/authorized_keys files to
> support the move from CVS to SVN (or rather, to permit both CVS and SVN to
> be usable, not just CVS). However you also had an authorized_keys2 file.
>
> I've changed that too, so it should now work. I'll also fix up everyone
> else in the same position.

Thanks a lot, it's working now! Greatings to the rest of the team ;-)

> Jifl

Cheers.

l8er
manfred