* Re: [root@sources.redhat.com] Re: Welcome to sourceware.org
       [not found] ` <200511211252.47182.arnold.metselaar@planet.nl>
@ 2005-11-21 18:17   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2005-11-21 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nickc, Arnold Metselaar; +Cc: overseers

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 01:52:46PM +0200, Arnold Metselaar wrote:
>Op donderdag 17 november 2005 00:59, schreef
>root@sourceware.org:
>> Your account is now active, the login name is
>> arnoldm@sourceware.org. Mail sent to that address is
>> forwarded to arnold.metselaar@planet.nl. This forwarding is a
>> You should now have write access to the src repository with
>> SSH+cvs.  Here are lots of details about how to do things.
>>

>I still don't have write-access, the cvs-server insists that I
>must supply a pasword, and I don't have one for sourceware.org.

That's a sign that you are not using the private key associated with
the public key that was installed on sourceware.

* Re: [root@sources.redhat.com] Re: Welcome to sourceware.org
@ 2005-11-21 18:29     ` Arnold Metselaar
From: Arnold Metselaar @ 2005-11-21 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, nickc

Op maandag 21 november 2005 13:49, schreef u:

> >I still don't have write-access, the cvs-server insists that
> > I must supply a pasword, and I don't have one for
> > sourceware.org.
>
> That's a sign that you are not using the private key
> associated with the public key that was installed on
> sourceware.

I've got it working now, but I may have been using the right
private key all the time. The problem was that had updated the
user name in my CVS/Root file, but not the protocol so I had
:pserver:arnoldm@sourceware.org:/cvs/src
rather than
:ext:arnoldm@sourceware.org:/cvs/src

For those who have checked out a working copy using anonymous
cvs and have cvschroot installed, the following instruction is
more convenient than checking out the whole source tree again:

cvschroot :ext:${USER}@sourceware.org:/cvs/src

Kind regards,
Arnold Metselaar