* Need to allow bugzilla to send html mail [Fwd: failure notice]
@ 2006-01-13  3:59 Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2006-01-13  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Today i got the attached.

People can request bugzilla deliver the results of daily queries, etc,
in html format.

They will always come from dberlin@gcc.gnu.org (though i can make them
come from some other address if we like), and will always have "[GCC
Bugzilla]" in the subject.

I can add other headers as well for you guys if you like :)
However, only messages from localhost with these characteristics need be
accepted, since they are generated local to sourceware.org

[-- Attachment #2: Forwarded message - failure notice --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2420 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 553 bytes --]

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sourceware.org.

<rth@gcc.gnu.org>:
Invalid mime type "text/html" detected in message text or attachment.
Please send plain text messages only.
info for this site.
Contact postmaster@gcc.gnu.org if you have questions about this. (#5.7.2)

--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

[-- Attachment #2.1.2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 443 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2.1.2.1: Type: multipart/alternative, Size: 18 bytes --]

From: dberlin@gcc.gnu.org
To: rth@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: [GCC Bugzilla] openmp bugs
Date: 13 Jan 2006 00:00:04 -0000

* Re: Need to allow bugzilla to send html mail [Fwd: failure notice]
@ 2006-01-13  4:10 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2006-01-13  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Daniel Berlin

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 10:59:26PM -0500, Daniel Berlin wrote:
>Today i got the attached.
>
>People can request bugzilla deliver the results of daily queries, etc,
>in html format.
>
>They will always come from dberlin@gcc.gnu.org (though i can make them
>come from some other address if we like), and will always have "[GCC
>Bugzilla]" in the subject.
>
>I can add other headers as well for you guys if you like :)
>However, only messages from localhost with these characteristics need be
>accepted, since they are generated local to sourceware.org

This is only an issue for people who are using mlcheck in their .qmail
files.  People who want to receive email with html content can remove
the mlcheck filtering in their .qmail file.  Not everyone has that.
But, anyone who does can remove the mlcheck line from this file and let
their own private spam checker deal with any spam.

cgf