* Was there a reason why we have AllowTcpForwarding and GatewayPorts set to "yes"?
@ 2006-10-02 23:00 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2006-10-02 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I thought that I'd turned off tcp forwarding and gateway ports in sshd a
long time ago but I see that they are currently turned on.  I thought
I'd turned it off when I noticed that someone was using sourceware as a
port forwarder.

I'd like to turn these sshd settings off now but I thought I'd ask if
there was some reason why they're turned on now.

If no one objects, I'll turn these off soon.

cgf

* Re: Was there a reason why we have AllowTcpForwarding and GatewayPorts set to "yes"?
@ 2006-10-02 23:08 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2006-10-02 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: overseers

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I thought that I'd turned off tcp forwarding and gateway ports in sshd a
> long time ago but I see that they are currently turned on.  I thought
> I'd turned it off when I noticed that someone was using sourceware as a
> port forwarder.
>
> I'd like to turn these sshd settings off now but I thought I'd ask if
> there was some reason why they're turned on now.
>
> If no one objects, I'll turn these off soon.

Unless "soon" meant in the last 5 minutes since you sent this mail,
they're already off....

AllowTcpForwarding no
GatewayPorts no

/me adjust cgf's specs ;). File was last modified just before you sent
that mail.

Jifl

* Re: Was there a reason why we have AllowTcpForwarding and GatewayPorts set to "yes"?
@ 2006-10-02 23:33   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2006-10-02 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Jonathan Larmour

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 12:07:59AM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>I thought that I'd turned off tcp forwarding and gateway ports in sshd a
>>long time ago but I see that they are currently turned on.  I thought
>>I'd turned it off when I noticed that someone was using sourceware as a
>>port forwarder.
>>
>>I'd like to turn these sshd settings off now but I thought I'd ask if
>>there was some reason why they're turned on now.
>>
>>If no one objects, I'll turn these off soon.
>
>Unless "soon" meant in the last 5 minutes since you sent this mail,
>they're already off....
>
>AllowTcpForwarding no
>GatewayPorts no
>
>/me adjust cgf's specs ;). File was last modified just before you sent
>that mail.

I haven't restarted sshd yet.  I was anticipating that there would probably
be no objections.

cgf