* Required host migration (Sourceware)
@ 2009-09-29 19:26 Jonathan Pickard
From: Jonathan Pickard @ 2009-09-29 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgf, overseers; +Cc: Eric Brown

Hello,

You or your group manages one or more servers located in Red Hat's PHX1
datacenter:

sourceware
sourceware1

If you are not the correct owner for the listed system(s) please respond
and let me know. If you know who the correct owner is, please include
that as well.

We are retrofitting PHX1 and your host(s) will need to be moved to our
PHX2 datacenter sometime in the next few months. Additionally, steps
will need to be taken by you or your group to make sure your hosts and
services remain accessible.

Work required:
* reconfigure networking on systems (IP address/netmask/gateway will change)
* reconfiguration of services on system (if necessary, due to new IPs)
* updates to DNS (due to new IPs)

We will take care of physically migrating the server for you, as well as
(re)configuring any available remote management access, such as serial,
DRACs, RSAs, iLO's, etc. Once remote management access is available, you
can perform the needed network/daemon reconfigurations using the new
network information we will provide. We will be available to assist if
any problems relating to the needed reconfigurations come up.

Note that the physical move will result in downtime for the hosts.
Allowing time for unracking, transportation, and re-racking, you can
anticipate up to 48 hours of downtime. Specific dates and times are not
yet available, but will be communicated out as soon as they are determined.

With that said, your options for proceeding are:
1) move to PHX2 (migrate)
2) have us return the systems to you if you own them (leave)
3) have us power off and store the systems (decommission)

Please respond to this message to acknowledge ownership of the listed
system(s), inform us which listed option you will proceed with, and
state that you or someone form your group will be available to assist in
the work required for migration.

Thanks,
Jonathan Pickard
Principal Systems Administrator