From: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@redhat.com>
To: Eric Brown <ebrown@redhat.com>,
	overseers@sourceware.org, Jonathan Pickard <jpickard@redhat.com>,
	Matthew Galgoci <mgalgoci@redhat.com>,
	ian@airs.com
Subject: Re: Required host migration (Sourceware)
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 19:20:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi -

cgf wrote:

> mgalgoci wrote:
> > I would rather see us expend our effort on the new setup and suggest we take
> > one of the lighter used servers and migrate it before the other two and setup
> > some preliminary services on it. Make sense?

Unfortunately sourceware is not set up to be easily segmented into
partial services.  server2 and server3 are too small to even store all
the data.

> [...]  The other two servers are actually very underused.  Frank
> might correct me but I think we probably wouldn't notice if they
> went down right now.

Re. #3, right, it contains periodic partial backups of #1.
Re. #2, no, it houses the mysql instance that serves the search engine.

> What would be great is if, in the process of this move, we could get
> what we'd originally hoped for when sourceware was upgraded a few
> years ago [...]

(I fear that may be beyond even the considerable powers of this
particular crew...  unless some other group abandons PHX1 hardware...)

- FChE