* New account for GCC write after approval maintainer
@ 2011-12-28 16:57 Oleg Endo
From: Oleg Endo @ 2011-12-28 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hello,

I've filled out and submitted the new account form at
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi
about two weeks ago and was wondering whether it actually arrived and/or
is being processed already.

The approving mail for the request:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2011-12/msg00213.html

In case the submitted request form got lost or something, I can fill it
out and submit again.  Just let me know.

Thanks,
Oleg

* Re: New account for GCC write after approval maintainer
@ 2011-12-28 17:04 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2011-12-28 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleg Endo; +Cc: overseers

Hi, Oleg -

> I've filled out and submitted the new account form at
> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi
> about two weeks ago and was wondering whether it actually arrived and/or
> is being processed already.
>
> The approving mail for the request:

My understanding has been that only gcc 'global reviewers' can sponsor
new committers.

- FChE

* Re: New account for GCC write after approval maintainer
@ 2011-12-28 19:07   ` Hans-Peter Nilsson
From: Hans-Peter Nilsson @ 2011-12-28 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: Oleg Endo, overseers

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> > I've filled out and submitted the new account form at
> > http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi
> > about two weeks ago and was wondering whether it actually arrived and/or
> > is being processed already.
> >
> > The approving mail for the request:
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2011-12/msg00213.html
>
> My understanding has been that only gcc 'global reviewers' can sponsor
> new committers.

Too strict.  This hasn't changed in a while: "The steering
committee or a well-established GCC maintainer",
<http://gcc.gnu.org/svnwrite.html>.  A long-time
port-maintainer, kkojima is valid IMO.

brgds, H-P

* Re: New account for GCC write after approval maintainer
@ 2011-12-28 19:47     ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2011-12-28 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans-Peter Nilsson; +Cc: Oleg Endo, overseers

Hi -

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 02:06:45PM -0500, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:

> [...]  Too strict.  This hasn't changed in a while: "The steering
> committee or a well-established GCC maintainer",
> <http://gcc.gnu.org/svnwrite.html>.  A long-time port-maintainer,
> kkojima is valid IMO.

My apologies for misunderstanding.  Oleg's account is up.

- FChE