* looks like sources.redhat.com is no longer valid for rsync
@ 2012-10-28 21:39 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-10-28 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I noticed a bunch of mirrors falling off the Cygwin list of mirrors so I
contacted the admistrator for mirrors.kernel.org to see if he could tell
me why.  This is the reason:

rsync rsync://sources.redhat.com/ftp
rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(764) [Receiver=3.0.9]

As was previously noted here, sources.redhat.com is no longer the same
thing as sourceware.org.

I'm sending email to all of the cygwin mirrors to ask the mirrors to
make the change but I guess we should be getting the word out to all of
the mailing lists that could have people subscribed via
"sources.redhat.com" too.

cgf