On Aug 13 10:09, Christopher Faylor wrote: > On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 03:18:02PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >On Aug 12 14:40, Christopher Faylor wrote: > >> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 02:29:40PM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote: > >> >Yaakov wrote: > >> >> There may also be jobs in the root crontab that are Cygwin related. > >> >> Could someone please check this as well; we want all Cygwin-specific > >> >> jobs in the cygwin-admin@ crontab so that we can manage them ourselves. > >> > > >> >OK, commented out a few items from the root crontab, related to > >> >cygwin/cleancache, chowning stuff under the ftp pub/cygwin directory, > >> >and running cygwin-staging/mkpkgdir . > >> > >> The cleancache and mkpkgdir could likely be run by cygwin-owned crontab > >> but the chown part needs to still be there. It changes ownership and > >> protection for files uploaded to the cygwin release directory by people > >> with login privileges to sourceware who update the release area by hand. > > > >Could the chown be handled by some sudo magic? > > No. Why not? Isn't that what sudo is for? We could create a script, owned by root, which calls chown only under a specific directory, and the /etc/sudoers file could contain an entry cygwin-admin NOPASSWD: /path/to/script Or is there a non-sudoers policy on sourceware? Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer Red Hat