On Sep 2 13:42, Christopher Faylor wrote: > On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 05:34:57PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >On Sep 2 10:49, Christopher Faylor wrote: > >> As previously explained, the block was for email addresses which might > >> be mailing list addresses. For instance, this was not blocked: > >> > >> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-08/msg00598.html > > > >I have two guys of which I got copies of their emails in private mail > >which were bounced with the "spam threshold exceeded" message. > >Content-wise, they were entirely unsuspicious, apart from their own > >raw email address in the signature. > > > > >Would it help if I forward their mails to find out why they were > >refused? Maybe there's something else going on? > > Wow, you apparently weren't paying attention to the 1342 times I > responded to email whiners in the cygwin list. Have them follow the > directions in the bounce rather than contacting you directly. There is > nothing new here. > > I suspect that one of the people already contacted postmaster and isn't > reading his inbox. Can you please stop being hostile? Thank you. There are no directions in the bounce. I copied an example of this bounce to sourceware.org:~/corinna/Message01.eml What was the problem with this mail, if it wasn't the raw email address in the sig? Btw., Yesterday I sent this mail with the message text inlined, then an hour later with the message text attached. Both of my mails to overseers simply disappeared, without even a bounce. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer Red Hat