* [Con Validas] URL block request from googlebot
@ 2014-12-21 20:26 Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2014-12-21 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I haven't seen this kind of request before.  Any opinions?

Ian

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3179 bytes --]

From: Con Validas <cvalidas@optusnet.com.au>
To: sourcemaster@sourceware.org, ian@airs.com
Subject: URL block request from googlebot
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 10:30:41 +1100

Dear Webmaster,

I would like to request a Google Search URL block for one of your html
pages on the sourceware.org docbook-apps mailing list. The page in
question is
http://www.sourceware.org/ml/docbook-apps/2002-q4/msg00219.html.

This page returns as a result of a Google search on my name and I
would rather it be disallowed from indexing by Google robots. The post
is perfectly fine within the mailing list and I am not requesting a
removal of the post. A 12+ year old post associated with my name
however is something I would rather be viewed by the docbook community
as opposed to a google audience. It is a personal preference but one I
hope you can understand.

I believe this can be resolved by a simple entry in robots.txt or a
meta tag in the html file.

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to read my request and I
hope you can accommodate it. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,

Con Validas