* Please add "compile" to the list of gdb components in bugzilla
@ 2015-01-18  6:55 Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 2015-01-18  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

TIA

* Re: Please add "compile" to the list of gdb components in bugzilla
@ 2015-01-18 18:11 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2015-01-18 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Evans; +Cc: overseers

Hi, Doug -

Can you supply a description of the proposed new component "compile",
to make it distinct from "build"?  Are you referring to the JIT part?

- FChE

* Re: Please add "compile" to the list of gdb components in bugzilla
@ 2015-01-18 18:21   ` Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 2015-01-18 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

Heh.
One way to look at it is that I'm referring to $src/gdb/compile/*.
Another way to look at it is the new "compile" command for gdb
that Red Hat added.

Does that help?

I'm happy to use a different name.  "compile" directly sends my mind
to gdb/compile/*,
but obviously it could be confusing to others.

Since Red Hat wrote it, they (not necessarily yourself) should pick something.
I'd just like to get something added sooner than later.

@ 2015-01-18 18:55     ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2015-01-18 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Evans; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> One way to look at it is that I'm referring to $src/gdb/compile/*.

OK.

- FChE