* Bounced messages to gcc-patches.
@ 2015-05-20 22:55 Aldy Hernandez
From: Aldy Hernandez @ 2015-05-20 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi folks.

I sent a patch to gcc-patches today with the subject of "Re: [patch
10/10] debug-early merge: compiler proper".  The first time it was
silently dropped, but at least one of the recipients received it just fine.

It had a 97k patch, which I thought could be the problem (size??).  I
tried again with a gziped patch and this time I received:

<gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org>
     (reason: 552 spam score exceeded threshold)

... while talking to gcc.gnu.org.:
 >>> DATA
<<< 552 spam score exceeded threshold
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

The headers files in the message that was sent back from gcc.gnu.org did
not have any indication as to why the spam socre was exceeded.

Are my messages in limbo somewhere?  Can they be released?

Can I do anything to post my patch, or is this a subtle hint that should
I consider vacation and/or retirement?

Aldy

* Re: Bounced messages to gcc-patches.
@ 2015-05-21  2:00 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2015-05-21  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Aldy Hernandez

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 06:54:50PM -0400, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
>Hi folks.
>
>I sent a patch to gcc-patches today with the subject of "Re: [patch
>10/10] debug-early merge: compiler proper".  The first time it was
>silently dropped, but at least one of the recipients received it just fine.
>
>It had a 97k patch, which I thought could be the problem (size??).  I
>tried again with a gziped patch and this time I received:

><gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org>
>     (reason: 552 spam score exceeded threshold)

>... while talking to gcc.gnu.org.:
><<< 552 spam score exceeded threshold
>554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
>
>The headers files in the message that was sent back from gcc.gnu.org did
>not have any indication as to why the spam socre was exceeded.
>
>Are my messages in limbo somewhere?  Can they be released?
>
>Can I do anything to post my patch, or is this a subtle hint that should
>I consider vacation and/or retirement?

You really didn't give enough context to figure out what was responsible
for the bounce.  I don't see anything unusual bounced as spam with a
redhat.com message-id.

I've added you to the whitelist but, in the future, if you have issues
please think about how you'd like to receive a bug report about a
compiler problem.  I need details like time, date, message-contents
what email addres it was sent from and, if possible what the message-id
was.