* Request for commit access to glibc
@ 2019-01-18  1:37 Feng Xue
From: Feng Xue @ 2019-01-18  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Carlos O'Donell

Overseers,

Please add me (fxue@sourceware.org) to the glibc group after verifying with Carlos O'Donell.

Carlos O'Donell vouches for my sanity and competence.

I truly understand FSF copyright protocols, and always respect per-branch policies on what I am allowed to touch and how.

Thank you,
Feng Xue

* Re: Request for commit access to glibc
@ 2019-01-18  4:05 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2019-01-18  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Feng Xue; +Cc: overseers, Carlos O'Donell

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 01:36:58AM +0000, Feng Xue wrote:
>Overseers,
>
>Please add me (fxue@sourceware.org) to the glibc group after verifying
>with Carlos O'Donell.
>
>Carlos O'Donell vouches for my sanity and competence.
>
>I truly understand FSF copyright protocols, and always respect
>per-branch policies on what I am allowed to touch and how.

You already have an account with glibc access.  You filled out a form on
1/16 requesting an account with glibc access.  That account was created
on 1/16 at 16:35 UTC.

* Re: Request for commit access to glibc
@ 2019-01-18  9:17   ` Feng Xue
From: Feng Xue @ 2019-01-18  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: overseers, Carlos O'Donell

Christopher & Carlos

Ok. That's great. I would have thought this formal email is a required step after account creation.

Really appreciate your help in this matter!

Best Regards,
Feng
________________________________
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 12:05:49 PM
To: Feng Xue
Cc: overseers@sourceware.org; Carlos O'Donell
Subject: Re: Request for commit access to glibc

@ 2019-01-18 18:51     ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2019-01-18 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: overseers

On 1/18/19 4:17 AM, Feng Xue wrote:
> Christopher & Carlos
>
> Ok. That's great. I would have thought this formal email is a required step after account creation.
>
> Really appreciate your help in this matter!
>
> Best Regards,
> Feng
> Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 12:05:49 PM
> To: Feng Xue
> Cc: overseers@sourceware.org; Carlos O'Donell
> Subject: Re: Request for commit access to glibc
>
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 01:36:58AM +0000, Feng Xue wrote:
>> Overseers,
>>
>> Please add me (fxue@sourceware.org) to the glibc group after verifying
>> with Carlos O'Donell.
>>
>> Carlos O'Donell vouches for my sanity and competence.
>>
>> I truly understand FSF copyright protocols, and always respect
>> per-branch policies on what I am allowed to touch and how.
>
> You already have an account with glibc access.  You filled out a form on
> 1/16 requesting an account with glibc access.  That account was created
> on 1/16 at 16:35 UTC.

Removing Feng Xue.

Did we roll the glibc group access setup into one step?

We have it as a distinct step in the glibc account setup process right now.

"Becoming a maintainer (developer)"
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS#Becoming_a_maintainer_.28developer.29

"Source Control ACLs"
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS#SourceControlACL

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: Request for commit access to glibc
@ 2019-01-19  6:58       ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2019-01-19  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell; +Cc: overseers

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 01:51:12PM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>Did we roll the glibc group access setup into one step?
>
>We have it as a distinct step in the glibc account setup process right now.
>
>"Becoming a maintainer (developer)"
>https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS#Becoming_a_maintainer_.28developer.29
>
>"Source Control ACLs"
>https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS#SourceControlACL

Sourceware account creation has always granted you access to the project
for requested project.  sourceware accounts are only for source control
access so providing an account with no attached project wouldn't make
any sense.

The only time that follow-on email to overseers is required is when you
are requesting access to additional project other than the one mentioned
in the initial account creation, e.g., when you have a glibc account and
want additional write access to gcc.

cgf