On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 04:28:14PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote: >* Christopher Faylor: >> On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 11:23:05AM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote: >>>Would it be possible to get an early copy of messages sent to >>> before they go into Mailman? >>> >>>It will help those of us who apply patches on other people's behalf, >>>without having to undo the Mailman mangling first. >> >> What specifically is mailman doing to the email you receive? > >The From: header contains the list address, not the patch author, >so feeding the message into “git am” produces an incorrect commit. I just did a google search for "git am" "dmarc" and see that this pain point has been around since DMARC started becoming popular. I didn't see any solution. It was interesting to see people like John Levine and Theorore T'so weighing in on the issue though. Attached is a simple script which will rewrite the headers so that From: is no longer munged. I assume that this could be used as a front-end for "git am". This relies on the fact that we have mailman set up to Cc: the original email sender when the address is munged. I'm providing this as-is after 15 minutes of work. There are probably more elegant ways to accomplish the same task but at least the script is short.