* Re: Issues subscribing to newlib mailing list
       [not found] ` <Y8+5tbR0pajJE8pF@calimero.vinschen.de>
@ 2023-01-25 16:41   ` Ignacio Vargas
From: Ignacio Vargas @ 2023-01-25 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Greetings overseers,

 From the email below, you can see I was having some issues subscribing
to the newlib mailing list (sorry for possibly having brought down the
site a few times). Those issue have been resolved though, I've been able
to request subscription without issues already, but I've encounteredd
other issues. I got the following message:

      Your subscription request has been received, and will soon be
    acted upon. Depending on the configuration of this mailing list,
    your subscription request may have to be first confirmed by you via
    email, or approved by the list moderator. If confirmation is
    required, you will soon get a confirmation email which contains
    further instructions.

I haven't received any confirmation email and it doesn't seem like I've
bene actually added to the mailing list. I was wondering maybe I needed
moderator approval. If you guys could help me properly join the newlib
mailing list it would be much appreciated as I'd like to continue the
discussion of my possibility of contributing over there.

Please reply at ignacio.vargas@rapidsilicon.com

Best regards,

Ignacio Vargas

@ 2023-01-25 20:48     ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2023-01-25 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ignacio Vargas via Overseers; +Cc: Ignacio Vargas

Hi Ignacio,

On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 10:41:27AM -0600, Ignacio Vargas via Overseers wrote:
> From the email below, you can see I was having some issues
> subscribing to the newlib mailing list (sorry for possibly having
> brought down the site a few times).

No worries, you didn't bring down the whole site. The site detected
you tried to do multiple subscription requests and made it look like
the site was down for you because it believed you were a
spammer. Sorry. We eased the trigger a bit.

> Those issue have been resolved
> though, I've been able to request subscription without issues
> already, but I've encounteredd other issues. I got the following
> message:
>
>      Your subscription request has been received, and will soon be
>    acted upon. Depending on the configuration of this mailing list,
>    your subscription request may have to be first confirmed by you via
>    email, or approved by the list moderator. If confirmation is
>    required, you will soon get a confirmation email which contains
>    further instructions.
>
> I haven't received any confirmation email and it doesn't seem like
> I've bene actually added to the mailing list. I was wondering maybe
> I needed moderator approval. If you guys could help me properly join
> the newlib mailing list it would be much appreciated as I'd like to
> continue the discussion of my possibility of contributing over
> there.

You don't need moderator approval, but you do need to confirm your
subscription. The systems seems to have sent you a confirm
email. Maybe it was somehow filtered out or moved to you spam folder?

Cheers,

Mark