* [Fwd: [ECOS] Format of digest e-mail]
@ 2001-09-06 22:49 Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-09-06 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: phil.gosset

Overseers.

Do we have a choice of format for digest mail?

Jifl

To : ecos-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
Subject : [ECOS] Format of digest e-mail
From : <phil dot gosset at vodafone dot com>
Date : Thu, 6 Sep 2001 11:25:46 +0100

Hi,

Just a suggestion. I am trying to follow this list, but the format of the
daily digest makes it very difficult to follow. Every other digest I
subscribe to has a simple concatenated text format that makes
it easy to read (see for example the linux-arm digest).
Would it be possible to change the digest format over to this
more readable format?

Phil Gosset

* Re: [Fwd: [ECOS] Format of digest e-mail]
@ 2001-09-06 23:02 ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2001-09-06 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: overseers, phil.gosset

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 06:50:02AM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Overseers.
>
> Do we have a choice of format for digest mail?

I don't think so.  You could look over the ezmlm-idx doco (start
at www.ezmlm.org) to see if I'm wrong, but I don't think that kind
of feature exists.  If you've got procmail handy, you could do a
poor man's version by catting mail notes into a per-day file easily
enough.

* Re: [Fwd: [ECOS] Format of digest e-mail]
@ 2001-09-07  0:25   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-09-07  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: overseers, phil.gosset

Jason Molenda wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 06:50:02AM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> > Overseers.
> >
> > Do we have a choice of format for digest mail?
>
> I don't think so.  You could look over the ezmlm-idx doco (start
> at www.ezmlm.org) to see if I'm wrong, but I don't think that kind
> of feature exists.

Actually it does: http://www.ezmlm.org/faq-0.40/FAQ-12.html#ss12.5

However presumably "r" is the closest to what Phil wants but would also
presumably include all headers per message. If so, yuck. Maybe I'll leave
it unless someone knows if it _doesn't_ do all headers for rfc1153 format.

Jifl