* Lost my key ...
@ 2002-08-03 12:43 Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2002-08-03 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

L,S,m

Today, I switched from Debian 2.2 to Debian 3.0+ (testing).  I thought
all had gone smooth, until I tried to update the gcc-3_2-branch.  CVS
complained that it didn't know gcc.gnu.org and offered to add it as a
"known host".  I didn't object, but it didn't help either: cvs refuses
my (ssh) key.

Now it appeared to me that Debian 2.2 didn't *have* a ssh implementation
  (due to all sort of restrictions regarding that type of software in
the US of A two, three years ago).

Apparently, the software Debian included in 3.0+ is not the same as the
one I used previously.  So I can do two things: (1) Retrieve the older
software and work from there, or (2) generate a new key for you to store
on gcc.gnu.org.

Please indicate your preferences to me (mine is to keep the
Debian-blessed software and send a new key, but I'm open to suggestions
otherwise).

Thanks in advance,

* Re: Lost my key ...
@ 2002-08-03 12:47 ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2002-08-03 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toon Moene; +Cc: overseers

Hi Toon,

On Sat, Aug 03, 2002 at 08:28:54PM +0200, Toon Moene wrote:

> Apparently, the software Debian included in 3.0+ is not the same as the
> one I used previously.  So I can do two things: (1) Retrieve the older
> software and work from there, or (2) generate a new key for you to store
> on gcc.gnu.org.

Generate a new key and send me the public half; I'll install it for you.

* Re: Lost my key ...
@ 2002-08-03 13:16   ` Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2002-08-03 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: overseers

Jason Molenda wrote:

>>Apparently, the software Debian included in 3.0+ is not the same as the
>>one I used previously.  So I can do two things: (1) Retrieve the older
>>software and work from there, or (2) generate a new key for you to store
>>on gcc.gnu.org.

> Generate a new key and send me the public half; I'll install it for you.

Thanks - this turned out to be simpler than I thought (after reading
half a dozen man pages on rsa, dsa and ssh in general):  I set Protocol
1 in my .ssh/config file and - presto - it works again !

Thanks for the help offered !

Cheers,

* Head attribute does match file for `/cvs/gcc/gcc/gcc/f/ChangeLog,v'
@ 2002-11-02  7:15     ` Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2002-11-02  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Dear OverSeers,

I got the above error when issuing

cvs -z 9 update -d -P gcc wwwdocs

from the current CVS head.

A few minutes earlier, I was unable to commit the following

cvs -z 9 commit ChangeLog g77.texi news.texi

in the current CVS head repository's gcc/gcc/f directory.

The apparent cause was a disk-full situation:

`CVS server: cannot write /sourceware/cvs-tmp/cvsD71Xu9: No space left
on device'.

Hope you can repair it ...